iPhone technical support thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My iPhone will be here by the end of the week.

I had no intention of getting one but having a BB Bold for personal use and another one for work seemed redundant, plus the iPhone is way cheaper, so I'm getting it (sticking with BB at work though).

it will be interesting to hear your compare and contrast views.

I just ordered a really cool case for my phone that looks like the U2 Vertigo logo. :drool:

iphone3g_art_case_black_red.jpg

Nice. :drool: I'm looking for a case as i don't want it to get scratched. The plastic is still on it at the moment. :lmao:

:reject:

I'm loving my phone. :drool: Have a question. Is there any way you can lock the keypad while phone is not in use? :shifty: I keep pressing things. :lol:

Anitram. Congrats on the phone. I got mine last saturday. :)

it will be interesting to hear your compare and contrast views.

I have the iTouch so I can tell you already that typing on a BB is about 20x better and faster. I don't see why any businessperson who sends 100 or more emails a day would ever buy an iPhone. It's really way more inconvenient than the speedy BB thumbs that you develop.

I'm loving my phone. :drool: Have a question. Is there any way you can lock the keypad while phone is not in use? :shifty: I keep pressing things. :lol:

Yeah, you can either hit the home button (main circle at the bottom ) or hit the button on the very top of the phone and it will close everything but still keep it on to receive calls, etc. :)

Well I made the horrid mistake of syncing my Gmail to this devil phone which resulted in having like 800 contacts, which subsequently resulted in my wiping the phone clean, and that took a good hour. Wonderful. I don't understand, since I had an actual contact list in my Entourage that is my Gmail account so why it imported every person that I ever emailed in years and years is beyond me. So bloody irritating.

The browsing is faster than on a BB and it's easier with the bigger screen/widescreen format.

The typing SUCKS, I have no idea how anybody would prefer to type on this thing over a BB...

Otherwise, it's sleek and pretty enough.

The iPhone, whom I've named Ignatius, and I are getting along better this morning.

One thing though, is there any way to override how often this thing fetches your Gmail? I don't like the lowest setting (15 mins) but on top of that I'm not entirely convinced that's how it's doing it, seems more random to me. I should probably read the manual.

I did the same thing when I first got my phone and accidentally synced like 5 million email addresses to my contacts and had to wipe the phone clean and start over :crack: When you're syncing you can uncheck the things you dont want to sync to the phone.

I have mine set up so that it only downloads emails when I go to the email app on my phone. I cant be bothered with it going off by itself every 5 seconds. Go to settings, then 'Fetch New Data' and mess with the settings there. I have push on and also the settings to download manually.

The typing SUCKS, I have no idea how anybody would prefer to type on this thing over a BB...

Otherwise, it's sleek and pretty enough.

I don't have a BB

only the iPhone, the keyboard is not much use, i only type about five - six words at one time. I don't really text, I do recieve them.

an avid texter, email user should go with a BB

if one wants to surf the net, maps, movie times, etc the iPhone screen can't be beat, plus the speakers are about the best you are going to get in an appliance this size.

I get a lot more use out of the iPhone than I would a BB,
it alls comes down to how one uses it.

I dont think typing is that bad on the iphone, especially in landscape mode, its super fast for me. The BB seems like the buttons are just way too small for normal sized fingers.

an avid texter, email user should go with a BB

if one wants to surf the net, maps, movie times, etc the iPhone screen can't be beat, plus the speakers are about the best you are going to get in an appliance this size.

Yep, that's a fair assessment of the situation.

If you want to use the device primarily for business or e-mail/text, the BB is a far better option. For surfing and fun applications, the iPhone is better. Although I think its battery situation is pretty atrocious (the BB is not a hell of a lot better, but some).

I have both BB and iPhone. Iphone will rule supreme once the landscape comes out on 3.0.

Untilnthen I'llnjust havento put up withtyping 'n's insteadnof spaces.

Do you peeps turn your iPhones off?

I just leave Iggy on all the time but a friend of mine was having some problems with hers and when she called Apple the tech guy told her that it should be powered off once a day. What kind of craziness is this?

Anyone know of a way to easily copy all your phone numbers from the iphone to your computer for backup?

This isn't a tech support question, but just an opinion seeking one:

What do you guys think about buying a refurbished iPhone? I want to upgrade my phone but don't want to dish out the big bucks. I couldn't care less about the new! new! new! version either. I've been using a three year old phone, so even the first iPhone prototype would be a vast upgrade.

I dont think there's anything wrong with a refurbished phone. If its significantly less than a new one I'd say go for it. Although, the 3G second generation is way better than the first version..

Back
Top Bottom