iPhone technical support thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone know of a way to easily copy all your phone numbers from the iphone to your computer for backup?

Sync with Outlook or a Google account if you have one :)
I use Google for my contacts and calendars.

:no: Last time I did that I ended up with 5 BILLION contacts in my phone. I had to reset the whole phone. Never again. :reject:

The iPhone automatically backs up to your computer every time you sync it with iTunes. If you plug a newly-reset (or new) iPhone into your computer, you have the option of restoring it with an old backup. You can fiddle with how it operates in iTunes settings.

This isn't a tech support question, but just an opinion seeking one:

What do you guys think about buying a refurbished iPhone? I want to upgrade my phone but don't want to dish out the big bucks. I couldn't care less about the new! new! new! version either. I've been using a three year old phone, so even the first iPhone prototype would be a vast upgrade.

Apple replaces everything except the internal circuit board when they refurbish ("remanufacture") their stuff, so if it's working when you initially buy it, it's no more likely to randomly break than a new iPhone.

:up:

I'm pretty much decided on an iPhone and there's only one thing holding me back: The fact that I can't send photos to another phone. :angry:
I don't know how quickly I will be able to get over this. Time to ponder the LG Vu one more time. :sigh:

Ugh, and I'm really going to miss the impressive photo quality my Sony had. I could take pictures nearly everywhere with that. Why must you be so difficult, Apple? Why! WHY?!

The iPhone automatically backs up to your computer every time you sync it with iTunes. If you plug a newly-reset (or new) iPhone into your computer, you have the option of restoring it with an old backup. You can fiddle with how it operates in iTunes settings.

Yeah but I dont want to sync contacts because I ended up with 5 million on my phone and that was not what I wanted.

:up:

I'm pretty much decided on an iPhone and there's only one thing holding me back: The fact that I can't send photos to another phone. :angry:
I don't know how quickly I will be able to get over this. Time to ponder the LG Vu one more time. :sigh:

Ugh, and I'm really going to miss the impressive photo quality my Sony had. I could take pictures nearly everywhere with that. Why must you be so difficult, Apple? Why! WHY?!

If you get the new iphone you will be able to send photos to another phone :up:

I have the second generation and I'm waiting for the update for this :angry:

Pictures are actually really clear on the iphone..

Yeah but I dont want to sync contacts because I ended up with 5 million on my phone and that was not what I wanted.

I'm not sure why the iTunes backup system would leave you with five million contacts, unless you started with five million contacts in the first place.

If I sync the contacts, it puts ALL my email addresses from my email account into my phone :crack:

I just want to back up the phone numbers from my phone, to the computer but I see no way to do that.

If I sync the contacts, it puts ALL my email addresses from my email account into my phone :crack:

I just want to back up the phone numbers from my phone, to the computer but I see no way to do that.

If you disable 'sync contacts' entirely in iTunes, it will still back your phone's contact's up in case they need to be restored. The sync process and the backup process are entirely separate.

If you get the new iphone you will be able to send photos to another phone :up:

I have the second generation and I'm waiting for the update for this :angry:

Unless you live in the rest of the world, in which case you've been texting photos from old iPhones for months...

Did you get the new one? 3G OS or whatever. If so you dont have to update anything because it already comes with picture messaging. :up:

Really?? :der: Well dang I thought that was supposed to be automatically included in the new iphone.

So is anyone else having problems with their iphone since upgrading last?

My battery showed low so I charged it. After 2 hours it looked like it didnt charge at all but after restarting the phone, it was a full charge. Then today it still showed a full battery after a lot of use. Restarted the phone and then it showed the battery was almost dead.

Not receiving texts unless I restart the phone, wtf? And sometimes trying to make a call and it just hangs, doesnt connect or anything.

Did a google search and saw that a TON of people are having problems with the new software. I cant figure out how to go back and its probably useless to try to call technical support. :sigh:

Well I had problems all weekend, but I just assumed it was because I was out of town. I didn't get any emails or voicemails until I entered a familiar county (I was road trippin'). My facebook news feed also wasn't updating. It just kept saying "No new posts."

It seems to have come back to normal since getting back home though, so I can't be certain as to why it was happening.

My phone is really pissing me off. It seemed ok for a while but today when I realized my phone was awfully quiet all day I decided to restart the phone, well my battery was pretty much dead despite it saying earlier that it was almost full, and 3 texts popped up that I did not get throughout the day. Way to go Apple. :down:

Back
Top Bottom