Iphone/ipad apps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jive Turkey

ONE love, blood, life
Come across any apps that are really cool? Post them here. My favorites at the moment are

NPR
Google mobile app - google goggles in nothing short of witchcraft
New York times editor's choice - great for top news stories and a nice photojournalism section
Fruit ninja - slice up fruits and such like a samurai
Capture Pilot - if you're into photography and shoot with Capture One 6, Capture Pilot let's you see the shots wirelessly, in real time on your iPad/iPhone :up:
Flixster - movie news, trailers, rotten tomato reviews, local showtimes, etc

I haven't downloaded a lot of iPad apps, but my favorite so far is Fotopedia, which is a collection of thousands of pictures of UNESCO World Heritage sites. You can click a button to read about it, and then click to see where it is on Google Maps.

I totally love it.

AwesomeNote
In my opinion, hands-down the best combination to-do + scratch pad + notes and folders app out there. Syncs with Google Docs. Like my favourite apps, it just gives you a great interface to work with and doesn't force you to use in one particular way or another.

Reeder
There are many good RSS readers that sync with Google Reader; this is my current favourite. Goes for a paper feel with very nice UI design. MobileRSS Free is the free alternative to go for.

Instapaper
Save web articles with one click for reading later offline on your iDevice. Formats everything in a very readable, plain text format, and it's great for those who rely on Wi-Fi and still want to read news on the bus or train.

Flashcards Deluxe
Great, very flexible flashcard program. Import lists of topics to study from Excel worksheets and go to it. Really helping keep my language skills polished.

Fruit ninja - slice up fruits and such like a samurai

My nephew lovess Fruit Ninja.

Some I have

Shazam (use it all the time)
PS Express (great for editing pics you take with your phone)
In-N-Out (nothing exciting, just shows you the closest locations)
RedLaser (reads bar codes off of products and shows you where to buy the cheapest one)
LED Light (because sometimes you could use a flashlight)
Fandango
Pandora

Games:
Angry Birds
Words with Friends (Words Free) If anyone else plays ... I'm Sicy.. lets play!
Bejeweled 2
Cut the rope
Hungry sharks
TradeNations
ZombieFarm

Hipstamatic. I actually find that I take a lot of photos using it when I'm just walking around the city or home from work, etc.

flightcontrol (might be 2 words, i forget) is fun. you guide planes and helicopters to land safely. i primarily play it on an ipod touch but i did see it on an ipad at a store and it was even more awesome on it.

Anyone have any remote desktop apps? I've been looking at team viewer hd (free) but I hear logmein is pretty awesome (but $30). Who has experience with these? Is logmein worth the money?

For all those interested in photography, there is a pretty cool app called Instagram. It's free and it's like a mixture of Hipstamatic and Twitter, but instead of lame statuses about what someone had for dinner that night, it's just pictures they've taken. Of course, they've all got that hot-at-the-moment faux vintage look. So if you hate that, you'll hate this. Otherwise, it's pretty cool.
Let me know if anyone gets it and I will add you to the friend list

For all those interested in photography, there is a pretty cool app called Instagram. It's free and it's like a mixture of Hipstamatic and Twitter, but instead of lame statuses about what someone had for dinner that night, it's just pictures they've taken. Of course, they've all got that hot-at-the-moment faux vintage look. So if you hate that, you'll hate this. Otherwise, it's pretty cool.
Let me know if anyone gets it and I will add you to the friend list

i've got it. zoostation

but i have to admit i layer on that vintage films pretty thick :sexywink:

Hey Tiger Edge. I dont believe I've seen you around these parts much lately.

I'll add you to my list. I havent started snapping any pics yet though.

The best games I've come across are

League of Evil
The Blocks Cometh
geoDefense Swarm
Street Fight IV (seriously, it's awesome on ios)
Infinity Blade
Angry Birds (of course)
Canabalt

Camera+

For anyone who takes photos they want to share on iPhone or iPod Touch, it's hard for me to recommend anything other than this photo app. Instagram is cute but it's a closed system.

Rapid fire, image stabilization, remote timer for taking photos. Everything you snap goes to your lightbox where you can make quick adjustments and then save to your iOS camera roll or one-touch upload to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, or send via email.

I'm a stickler for good user interface design and Camera+ nails it. Really, really, super good.

Downloaded it after reading your mini review. It's pretty cool on first impression. I really like the ability to select your area of exposure. That alone is worth the download

Now I just leave the default Camera app flipped over to video mode all the time. So I use Camera+ for my photo taking needs and Camera for taking viddys.

So I guess you cant open already taken pictures from the phone camera into the camera app to edit them?

Yeah, it's pretty much Camera+ ------> email/social media/iPhone camera roll.

I'd still not bother editing photos you really cherish with anything except a full editing suite like Photoshop after you sync your iPhone.

Camera+ is pretty cool.

IMG_9044.jpg

i got my ipad, woo. i downloaded the penultimate app and i like it. now that i've got an ipad i don't know if i want it converted to text or kept as my writing or not but yeah. it's a neat app and is cheaper than writepad, so at least for now i'm happy.

i was surprised though to see bejeweled didn't have an ipad app though. there's one for the iphone but that's it.

Not an app, but I highly recommend the Power Support HD Antiglare Film. I have it on my iPhone screen, but they don't sell them for the iPad in Canada. I like it so much that I ordered the iPad film from the company in California and paid ridiculous shipping fees. The iPad version can be tricky to apply; Took me about an hour to work all the bubbles out and get out all the tiny dust particles, but the iPhone version is a breeze. No more smudgy finger screen for me

So I guess you cant open already taken pictures from the phone camera into the camera app to edit them?

Ah ha, you CAN pull photos from the iphone camera into the app. There's a little button that looks like a flower next to paste and undo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom