Iphone/ipad apps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:
Where did you buy the iPhone one?

The Apple store carries them. They come in a small green cardboard package. Are you in Toronto? The Eaton Centre always has them in stock

Thanks, will pop by there. I hate the one I have now, it makes the display look very dull.

Favorites:

Interference :nerd:
Siri -- speak or type whatever you want (movie times, directions, "what's happening at madison square garden tonight?") and it gives you the info, directions, phone numbers, ticket ordering, etc.
RedLaser --- already recommended by Sicy & awesome.
Bump -- swap info, pics, and now music (?) with another iphone
SoundHound -- better than Shazam because you get unlimited free song recognition
Grocery IQ -- make grocery lists, organize them, and best yet--multiple people/phones can edit the same list (so Mrs. Utoo and I can edit the same list whenever we think of something)
Genius Scan -- Take a picture, crop it, and turn it into a PDF--good for taking pics of paper documents and making them computer files
Google Translate -- type or speak in almost any language and get the translation written or spoken back to you
HeyTell -- essentially turn your phone into a walkie-talkie

Heytell is fucking sick, but I've just discovered the best app ever: songify. You talk, and then it autotunes your voice and you can pick from beats. Seriously you can make shit better than what's on the charts today.

Wifi Photo.
It's free and you can access your phone's photos/videos through your computer's browser. Great way to take videos off your iphone.

Dragon Go is pretty bitchin'. I just talk to my phone and i get the info I want.

Star Walk is the shit. It was very cool in Texas, where you can see the stars, and the other morning I wanted to know what was next to the moon, so I checked my Star Walk and found out.

Amazon Mobile is nice. I like the scan option.

Penguins is a wonderful live webcam of...PENGUINS!

WorldView is a collection of static webcams. You can have a list of favorites. I like the Panama Canal webcam, among others.

Photosynth is a free panorama camera that is WAY cool when one is at Mesa Verde National Park. It's cool elsewhere, too.

I guess the iPhone 5 will be out some time in September

I still have a Dec 2007 iPhone, someone told me it is second generation. I don't even have 3g or 3gs.

the 5 will not be 4G or 4G LTE. In my marketplace L A/ Orange CA the Verizon's 4G LTE service seems to be up and going strong.

so, I think I will just go Android/ Verizon.

Can't wait forever, (well looks like I did)
Can't wait forever and a day.

Look for iPhone 5 (and possibly a low-end, less powerful iPhone) in October. Cell carrier employees have had their vacation days blacked out for two weeks during that month.

An iPad 3 with a screen with a significantly better resolution is also expected for October.

I love the traffic.com app. :heart:

You can put in all the freeways/highways around you and it stores the info and shows you if there are accidents, slow downs, etc so you can decide which route/freeway you want to take.

Hope you like it, man. I get so addicted by the stupid upgrade system. I tell myself, "one more game", and end up playing for another hour because I see I'm close to more upgrades I want.

Hope you like it, man. I get so addicted by the stupid upgrade system. I tell myself, "one more game", and end up playing for another hour because I see I'm close to more upgrades I want.

hahaha, that's exactly what I've been doing. They should add another gun for us to get addicted to.
Fucking civilians though. Keep ruining my game

hahaha, that's exactly what I've been doing. They should add another gun for us to get addicted to.
Fucking civilians though. Keep ruining my game

It's awful when you have a huge horde of zombies outside the bunker, and you notice some damn civilian run right into the middle of them all.

You usually have to log into the Mac App Store to download it after setting up your new Mac, but it should show up as "Free".

Anyone know approximately what the cost range is to have a simple app made?

By simple, I mean no video, just some arrangement and easy navigation of info, photos and data sheets.

Anyone know approximately what the cost range is to have a simple app made?

By simple, I mean no video, just some arrangement and easy navigation of info, photos and data sheets.
Best to start perusing some remote-work sites full of professional freelancers who do this sort of thing.

https://www.odesk.com/contractors/ios-app

Other sites like this:

Elance.com
GetAfreelancer.com
Scriptlance.com
RentAcoder.com

Best to start perusing some remote-work sites full of professional freelancers who do this sort of thing.

https://www.odesk.com/contractors/ios-app

Other sites like this:

Elance.com
GetAfreelancer.com
Scriptlance.com
RentAcoder.com

Very cool, thanks.
We are trying to get a few clients interested in making an app, but they are pinching pennies (understandable, but this shit is the future).

Back
Top Bottom