I want these earphones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you actually experienced em in person? If there is one thing i have learnt in life, its to disregard the speil about something yer planning buying. There is no substitute for actually getting into the shop and trying the goods out.

There is no way I'd spend that much on some earphones. I wonder just how good can they be to justify a price like that. :shrug:

elevated_u2_fan said:
I'd also like to point out that they cost $549.99... :tsk:

For that price they better make you subliminally smarter or cure diseases or be made out of solid gold or something...

BUT THEY ALLOW TO HEAR MUSIC! You can't put a price on that, man. Just think how great Beethoven or Bach or Timmy T would have been if they had some of these. I can't even fathom it.

I have the Shure E2C's and they come with various size ear cushions. They are awesome earphones. 100 bucks. A fellow co-worker has those 500 dollars ones and he said they are awesome earphones. Better than anything on the market.

UberBeaver said:

BUT THEY ALLOW TO HEAR MUSIC! You can't put a price on that, man. Just think how great Beethoven or Bach or Timmy T would have been if they had some of these. I can't even fathom it.

You make a valid point...

Justin24 said:
A fellow co-worker has those 500 dollars ones and he said they are awesome earphones. Better than anything on the market.

For that price they better be...

Where do you work that your co-workers can afford to buy $ 500 earphones?

I am assuming he is single... If I told my wife (the boss) that I was going to drop $500 dollars on earphones she would laugh hysterically and then kill me with her bare hands...

Ahhh love, and who says romance is dead?

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:
I hate those types of earphones. They hurt my ears.

Whew! I thought I was the only one. Not only do they hurt my ears, but they don't fit the way they are supposed to and I have to turn the volume up to compensate. It ends up being a concert for everyone within 10 feet. :tsk:
I keep the ones I got from my iPod purchases in case my regular wrap-around dorky ones die.
At least those come collapsable now so I don't have a problem taking them everywhere. :up:

elevated_u2_fan said:

Where do you work that your co-workers can afford to buy $ 500 earphones?

I am assuming he is single... If I told my wife (the boss) that I was going to drop $500 dollars on earphones she would laugh hysterically and then kill me with her bare hands...

Ahhh love, and who says romance is dead?

Actually he is married. He is one of the IT Managers at my work.

Liesje said:

Ditto. I can't stand ear buds. I wouldn't use them if someone gave them to be free.

:hmm:

Well, I have a set of the Bose In-Ear headsets. I like them alot. They have soft silicone tips.....so they feel great.

pho_triportie_03_l.jpg

I have an extra set that I am giving away for free to someone here....hope they like them.

I stick with my sennies; the portable PX-100 is great for mp3 player and HD-580's + Marantz pre-amp for my CD and vinyl.

All the earbuds I have ever used while sounding okay (most expensive was 40 bucks) weren't too good for my hearing. Headphones all the way.

I just use the earbuds that came with my iPod. :reject: I usually use my iPod with speakers these days though.

I looked at those Bose earbuds, but they're not in my price range right now. I do want to get noise reduction earbuds, though, and I found a more affordable brand at around $30 that I'm thinking about getting.

If somebody gave me $550, I can think of plenty of other things I'd do with it before I'd buy headphones.

Back
Top Bottom