I have some questions about the U2 Ipod..Please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
Hi! I'm hoping to get the new U2 Ipod that was just announced today. I have some general questions though about the U2 Ipod that someone who has any version could answer for me.

1.Is it pre-loaded with any/some/all U2 songs??

2. How many songs is it likely to hold total? I'm hoping to get the new one as I mentioned, so if anyone is a tech. genius could you give me a ballpark figure?

3. This is probably a stupid question, but it will allow one to put songs by artists other than U2 on it, correct?

4. Is this sold in stores or does it have to be specially ordered?

Thank you and God Bless!!!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

U2isthebest said:
Hi! I'm hoping to get the new U2 Ipod that was just announced today. I have some general questions though about the U2 Ipod that someone who has any version could answer for me.

2. How many songs is it likely to hold total? I'm hoping to get the new one as I mentioned, so if anyone is a tech. genius could you give me a ballpark figure?

3. This is probably a stupid question, but it will allow one to put songs by artists other than U2 on it, correct?

Thank you and God Bless!!!

http://www.apple.com/ipod/u2/
First, it's not new. It's been the 30 GB iPod for a few months now and they have yet to increase size.

1. iPods have no songs pre-loaded. They used to give a coupon for $50 off the Complete U2 iTunes collection which has like 370 songs. I'm not sure if they still do. They do give a coupon for a free 30 minute video download.

2. The website says about 7,500 songs.

3. Of course! :wink:

4. Both. Depends on where you go, though. I haven't seen the new U2 iPod at stores like Best Buy or Circuit City yet. The old ones used to be there. You can definitely buy it at the Apple store if you have one nearby. And you can also order it from the link I put up there.

You can also order it online and if you are a student, you can enter your info and get 10% off.

make sure you get a good case...

Great! Thank you so much! I'm definitely getting the Ipod for Christmas, so I'm pumped!:dancing: I'm really looking forward to it. One more question: Can I take CDs I already have and download them to Itunes, so I don't have to pay for them again? Thank you and God Bless!!

No, you have to load them on yourself.

449 songs is what it has.

Yes it will.

You can buy it pretty much anywhere and Apple sells it instore and online too.

It is awesome but bloody heavy.

I know there are two threads going right now, so I'm posting on this one. We bought our U2 iPod about a week and a half ago at the Apple Store.

1. Anyone out there who has the latest U2 ipod know why I would keep getting a message when I plug it into my computer that tells me it's in "recovery mode" (I reboot the computer every time and it seems to go away)?

2. We tried to redeem the coupon for the U2 video download and it tells us that the code associated with this download has expired, even though it doesn't expire until this December I believe. Anyone had this problem?

3. and finally, the iPod tells us it's charged but when we used it on a roadtrip this weekend and played around in the various menus, by Sunday evening, the battery life was half green and then went into red. I think maybe we used it for 3 or 4 hours total. Could we really have used that much power?

just curious. we're going back to the Apple Store sometime this week to find out THEIR answers.

:confused:

U2Girl416 said:
I know there are two threads going right now, so I'm posting on this one. We bought our U2 iPod about a week and a half ago at the Apple Store.

1. Anyone out there who has the latest U2 ipod know why I would keep getting a message when I plug it into my computer that tells me it's in "recovery mode" (I reboot the computer every time and it seems to go away)?

2. We tried to redeem the coupon for the U2 video download and it tells us that the code associated with this download has expired, even though it doesn't expire until this December I believe. Anyone had this problem?

3. and finally, the iPod tells us it's charged but when we used it on a roadtrip this weekend and played around in the various menus, by Sunday evening, the battery life was half green and then went into red. I think maybe we used it for 3 or 4 hours total. Could we really have used that much power?

just curious. we're going back to the Apple Store sometime this week to find out THEIR answers.

:confused:

I just got my new U2 iPod from amazon.com today and I tried putting in the coupon code and it also told me it's expired! But on the coupon it says it expires december 25! did u find out what's up with that? It's not a big deal but it still kind of bothers me

I figured i'd call them tomorrow and check up here and see if anyone had the same problem. aparently i'm not the only one which makes me feel better... but it's still annoying

Ok, so this is what happened when I went to the Apple store again last night.

They couldn't find anything wrong with mine regarding the "recovery mode". The windows pc they had in the back room recognized it immediately (side note: the guy said it might be a software thing after my boyfriend said he had downloaded iTunes 7.0 and not 7.01, so we're hoping by downloading that version, some of this could be corrected).

As for the U2 video coupon, he couldn't figure that out either. He didn't want to enter the code however because he was afraid that might invalidate the coupon. But we did stand by while he e-mailed apple for us with our iTunes ID. So we're waiting for an e--mail response on that end.

As far as my battery is concerned, he thought maybe we weren't leaving it connected long enough to be charged before we were disconnecting it. Which I suppose could be a possibility although it's annoying to see the fully charge "plug" icon if it's truly not. He mentioned battery "cycles"...etc.

good news though? for our troubles with the coupon and overall I think, he did give us a $15 iTunes gift card.

still hoping the video coupon comes through. for me, that's part of the incentive for buying the U2 iPod, just like for the first edition and they had a coupon for the complete U2.

we did buy the U2 case for the iPod last night though. Glad they dropped the price a little bit on that! It looks very cool. :drool:

oo, they have a special case for the U2 iPod? i still need to buy a case for mine... what's it look like?

Thanks guys! The link actually did work.... how come the back of the iPod is showing. Is that just to model it online or can u actually see it. My concern is how protective it is. I bought one of those ridiculous silicone ones a long time ago and while it protected my iPod somewhat... a lot of dirt I did not see got stuck in there and completely destroyed it with scratch marks and blotches. That U2 case is reeeally nice though... I'm gonna check out iSkin now

U2Girl416 said:
iPod case for U2 special edition

It was $50 for a while but they recently dropped it to $39.95, which is part of why I bought it (and also because the case we originally bought was $34 and I figured the difference in price wasn't that bad, so we just exchanged that for the new U2 case last night).

it's purrrrrty. :heart:

I saw it in Apple.com.

I need to but it from a website that takes Paypal....does anyone know where I can find it that way?

I'm thinking of buying the U2 case from Apple... has it been nice and sturdy and reliable? Personally, 47 bucks (shipping and tax included) is a lot of money for a iPod case, but if it'll protect it well then i'll get it. Plus, it shows the signatures in the back which is awesome

Hey thanks! I e-mailed them and they e-mailed me back within two days telling me that they would forward my quesiton to another representative who will be able to help me... haven't heard back from them yet...:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom