I have some questions about the U2 Ipod..Please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still waiting as well to either get a code/have this resolved. they said they weren't sure what the problem was and they would forward it to someone else (then we got another e-mail about 40 minutes later saying the same thing). we heard back this past Saturday (sent the e-mail Wed night from the Apple store). So maybe today will be my lucky day. :shrug:

update for those interested: received an e-mail last night from Apple saying that the problems with the U2 video code coupon were resolved and we should have no problems downloading the video now.

HA. fast forward to this morning when we tried to download it using the code....same problem, still not fixed. :madspit:

Thanks for the update! I tried putting the code in again after reading ur post. It still doesn't work for me either and I still haven't heard back from them. I think I'm gonna e-mail them again. This is ridiculous... Good luck, keep me posted if anything changes

This is what I received today....

"Dear Carlos,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble when trying to redeem your U2 Card.

If you're not sure how to redeem your iTunes Gift Card code, this article will walk you through the process:

http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n301958

If you are still unable to redeem your code, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure you entered your code exactly as it appears on your card. The following letters and numbers can look very similar:

* The letter B and the number 8
* The letter G and the number 6
* The letter V and the letter U
* The letter Q and the letter O
* The letter Q and the number 0
* The letter Z and the number 2
* The letter S and the number 5
* The letter P and the letter F
* The letter A and the letter H
* The letter M and the letter N

2) If you still receive an error, I'll need the GC number from your card. This number can be found on the back of the card. The GC number starts with GC and is followed by 8 digits. Ex: GCA31969487

3) If your card does not have a GC number, please fax a copy of the front & back of your card as well as a copy of the original sales receipt to 800-903-4356, so that your issue can be investigated further.

Please include a fax cover sheet addressed to iTunes Store Customer Support. On the cover sheet, please write your name, email address, and the number 19969117 (this is your follow-up number which is also in the subject line of this email).

If you're unable to send a fax, you may scan the sales receipt or gift receipt and the front and back of the card and attach the images to your response to this email.

Sincerely,

Timmy
The iTunes Store Team"

"Timmy? :lol:

Did that help you? I think i'm gonna go crazy from this stupidity... nothing seems to work!

:giggle: Timmy... haha!

The latest update...

"Dear Carlos,

Thank you for the information you provided. I'm sorry your U2 video code expired. We are currently awaiting a new batch of replacement codes. I will contact you when I receive them and issue you a new code.

In the meantime, I have issued 1 video credit to your account "carlos_*******.com", which you can use to buy the individual video of your choice from the iTunes Store.

When you sign in to the iTunes Store with this account, the video credit will appear by your account name in the upper-right corner of the iTunes Store window. The next time you buy an individual video from the iTunes Store, the credit will be used to pay for the purchase.

If the video credit is not immediately visible in your account, please sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign in again. This will refresh your account and it should appear.

To sign out, choose Sign Out from the Store menu. When you are successfully logged out, the Account field will say "Sign In" instead of your account name.

To sign back in, choose Sign In from the Store menu, enter your iTunes Store account information, and click Sign In. Your song credit should now appear next to your account name.

Sincerely,

Steven
iTunes Store Customer Support"

We will see.

is that all from e-mailing them from that link? they still haven't even replied to my e-mail! i guess i'll try again. thanks for the update!

scratch that last post... funny, the second i posted that i signed on to e-mail apple again and lo and behold i got a reply with a new code.... and it actually works thankfully... good luck with everyone getting ur u2 video

well I got emailed that my code actually expired on 9/26/06 but will be sent a replacement code soon :whistle:

I didn't know about the special leather case from Apple. It's pretty! I'm hoping to get the u2 ipod later this month or next, and I'll definitely spring for the special case. I like that it shows off the signatures while protecting them!

I totally missed out on the 1st gen. u2 ipod, and have been kicking myself ever since. So once they came out with this one, I knew I had to have it. I just hope they keep them in stock long enough for me to get one, last time just when I was finally ready to buy they pulled them and I missed out!

Ok I'm convinced that the people who work for Apple Support are complete morons. We called the 800 number after not getting a response or a new code for the U2 video through e-mail. We called and described the problem and instead of HELPING us, they said we should e-mail apple support. HUH??!! Am I missing something, here? We already told them that we hadn't gotten this resolved via e-mail.

no help, no code = :banghead:

So i don't know if all the e-mails are the same or if they're different for each person that works there but here's the e-mail address that replied to me

mswin@apple.com

The Apple Support person that helped me was named Erin. She was really helpful. First I got an e-mail saying that she would contact someone who could help. About a week later I got another e-mail from her with a new code and an apology for the original one expiring on me. Seems like everyone is getting a different response. Hope this helps you all. Good luck

well I got a replacement code and started downloading the video then my computer goes sour :madspit: .....the video is listed under my account purchase history as (free) but is not showing up in my itunes library ,,,anyone know how to fix this ? i tried to re-enter the code but the response is that the code has already been used ...

geeman said:
well I got a replacement code and started downloading the video then my computer goes sour :madspit: .....the video is listed under my account purchase history as (free) but is not showing up in my itunes library ,,,anyone know how to fix this ? i tried to re-enter the code but the response is that the code has already been used ...

Under the Advanced tab in iTunes, there should be a Check for Purchases option, click that and your download will resume.

Back
Top Bottom