I have entered the world of cable internet!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Woo-hoo!! So, my wallet is going to HATE me, but faster downloading and torrents will make me a happy man! :wink:

Thanks, neutral. :wink:

TRE, I...*ahem*....."borrowed" my neighbor's wireless. It was a pretty unstable connection, but it worked. We moved last week & there weren't any networks to pick up....so we got our own. More reliable this way, too, so it's all good.

neutral said:
Hehe might want to set up router to prevent folks from "borrowing" yours now, if you're doing wireless. :wink:

:) yup, that's the plan. and a nice fat password. I'm also thinking of calling the network "This network is infected with a virus" so that no one will dare touch it...:lol:

Utoo said:

TRE, I...*ahem*....."borrowed" my neighbor's wireless. It was a pretty unstable connection, but it worked. We moved last week & there weren't any networks to pick up....so we got our own. More reliable this way, too, so it's all good.

:lol:

i've never "borrowed" anyone's private wifi before....have parked next to a hotel (i wasn't staying at) that had free wifi to use that though :shifty:

all of our neighbors signals are encrypted :sad:

Hehe our house is the smiley face network, SSID = :) (not broadcasted). Our password had to be 13 characters so it's "bigfuglyhouse". Now if you're ever withing range, you can sign on!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Hehe our house is the smiley face network, SSID = :) (not broadcasted). Our password had to be 13 characters so it's "bigfuglyhouse". Now if you're ever withing range, you can sign on!

:lol: Thanks---I'll keep an eye out! Will Bono be over? :wink:

neutral said:
There's only one open network in my building now, used to be several.

It's named "Your GF is a good fu*k"
:der:

Jeez, that's begging to be "borrowed" and trampled all over....:huh:

I was so much more productive when I had dial-up.

I'm teaching an online class this summer, which means I'll have Blackboard open in one window, and Blue Crack in another :shifty:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I'm teaching an online class this summer, which means I'll have Blackboard open in one window, and Blue Crack in another :shifty:

I'm a TA so ditto. Two Blackboard windows open (the Gradebook and assignment instructions) and then a few tabs for Interference.

I'm getting wireless next week, after years and years of wasting time waiting for pages, photos, and mp3s to load. I guess I can have one more long wait for it to be installed, since that's all I've been doing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom