I Hate Macs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought my first MacBook 6 months ago and I can safely say I will NEVER go back to using a Windows machine for my personal use.

Plus, if I ever have the need to use Windows, I can install it on my Mac. So far, I've been able to find every app I need to use for OS X.

To me, it was worth every penny of the extra $500-$700 I spent on my Apple.

The OOTS said:
I bought my first MacBook 6 months ago and I can safely say I will NEVER go back to using a Windows machine for my personal use.

Plus, if I ever have the need to use Windows, I can install it on my Mac. So far, I've been able to find every app I need to use for OS X.

Me too. Right on! I will never buy another computer that is not a Mac. It's worth the little bit of extra money.

Is anyone actually running bootcamp on their Mac, and if so, what's your experience with it?

anitram said:
Is anyone actually running bootcamp on their Mac, and if so, what's your experience with it?

I am.

It works very well, but you have to use XP SP/2. But when you run XP, you can't tell any difference from running it on a PC machine.

anitram said:

Yep, I'm running it, and it's no different than using a PC. If you're going to do it, make sure you read the Boot Camp instructions carefully, since if you install on the wrong partition, you could erase OS X.

And make sure when you go through Boot Camp's partitioning steps, you set the Windows partition to have the amount of HD space you really want, because you can't resize a partition without going through the whole Windows installation process all over again.

I'm running XP with Parallels, I have to use a Windows program pretty often for work right now and I love being able to just run XP in a window. I used Boot Camp for awhile before that. They both work fine for me.

namkcuR said:
I'm sorry for bumping my own three-year-old thread, but I am amused by it.

It appears that I was wrong.

I now use a MacBook as my main computer and I couldn't be happier. I guess people CAN change. :wink:
so i guess you've pwned yourself? :wink:

i'm also happy to report since posting in here, i've since bought my own imac :heart: and own a mac mini too. i do have nothing against those who prefer windows, i just think mac gets the job done better. hell, i have office installed on here! obviously i don't totally hate microsoft :D

The OOTS said:

:yes: i love my macbook. dont wanna have to deal with stupo windows again ever.

Back
Top Bottom