How Will HDTV Look - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 06:04 PM

Why-got one in the back of your truck?
__________________

__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #17
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:04 PM
Hah, I wish. My dad and I always check out open box HDTVs when we got to Sam's and they're at decent enough prices, I guess.

If we found a sweet 27-32", 1080 one for around 500, we'd probably end up getting it.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:04 PM
I'll just say that my company offers a discount via Panasonic.....and, I ended up saving $1,200 on my new HDTV, which I've had for a week now, and love. 50 inch Plasma, Panasonic Viera. Our head engineer at work recommended it, and the fact that we had a employee purchase program was just luck. It's awesome.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #19
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:04 PM
How many Comcasters did you have the kill for that? 4? 5? 15?

Does your path of destruction know no bounds?
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
How many Comcasters did you have the kill for that? 4? 5? 15?

Does your path of destruction know no bounds?
I waited one fucking year to buy it due to Comcast. Don't get me started.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #21
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I waited one fucking year to buy it due to Comcast. Don't get me started.
That I will not.

You know what would be cool? Getting Live and playing you suckos in Halo 3, and taking the game footage and editing it into a video of us beating the snot out of each other. That'd be terrific.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
That I will not.

You know what would be cool? Getting Live and playing you suckos in Halo 3, and taking the game footage and editing it into a video of us beating the snot out of each other. That'd be terrific.
So get Live. I'll have it by this time next week.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #23
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
So get Live. I'll have it by this time next week.
Did not mean to cross-post there.

When I can get a wireless connection, then I will, but I can't for now.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
and the fact that we had a employee purchase program was just luck. It's awesome.
My work gave us a deal on these as well, a one time 50% off any set. EVERYONE jumped on it.
__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 View Post
My work gave us a deal on these as well, a one time 50% off any set. EVERYONE jumped on it.
How do you not at that point? Re-sell the damn thing if you don't want or need it.

I'll never sell mine, though. I love it. It might love me.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
On a clunky old analog TV? With digital cable, not a converter box

Anyone know? Will it just be a better picture or will it look at all like HD on an HDTV?

And won't the prices of HDTV's drop significantly next Feb?
How will it look? It will look like its time to get a new television.
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:13 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 04:04 PM
Samsung LCD tvs.. Someone told me they're a crappy brand. T/F?
__________________
kafrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 06:04 PM
I can't believe how expensive TVs are now! Phil wanted a new one b/c we had a 19" CRT, but the cheapest TVs we could find were $300+ for only 14" or so. We ended up buying a used 28" CRT off Craigslist, mainly b/c Phil needed more size for playing Mario Kart (screen splits into 4). To me the difference in quality is not worth a thousand dollars. When I want to see something look really amazing we go to the IMAX theater. If Phil is mainly into the gaming thing I'd rather save for a projector.

So we have an analog TV but I guess we are fine since we already have digital cable and a box.
__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I can't believe how expensive TVs are now! Phil wanted a new one b/c we had a 19" CRT, but the cheapest TVs we could find were $300+ for only 14" or so. We ended up buying a used 28" CRT off Craigslist, mainly b/c Phil needed more size for playing Mario Kart (screen splits into 4). To me the difference in quality is not worth a thousand dollars. When I want to see something look really amazing we go to the IMAX theater. If Phil is mainly into the gaming thing I'd rather save for a projector.

So we have an analog TV but I guess we are fine since we already have digital cable and a box.
Phil can't watch sports at the IMax theater.

You're a trooper, Phil.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 06:04 PM
I don't think we get HD anyway (isn't that extra?), just "digital" basic whatever, and no special sports channels. He seems to play sports games and fantasy on the computer more than watching them on TV and his computer screen is much better quality and was larger than our old TV. Last time we watched a movie we used his computer b/c it also has a sound system.
__________________

__________________
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hd, hdtv, high definition, high definition tv

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com