how to burn a dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtooellen

New Yorker
yeah I know it sounds pretty lame, but I downloaded a U2 dvd many months ago. I was cleaning up my harddrive, and realized it took up 4.34 GB. :ohmy:

my brother has a dvd burner and he has roxio dvd creator or whatever it's called, but I'm not sure of how to burn the dvd with the program. I know Nero would be the best burning program, but he installed Smartstart before and the dvd didn't turn out right (everything was skippy and the dvd took more than 7 hours to burn :yikes: ). maybe it was something I did??..

the files for the dvd are all in a video_ts folder and inside are video_ts.bup video_ts.ifo and a bunch of vts_010 files.

hopefully someone can help me out with this because my harddrive needs space immediately. by burning the dvd I'd free up space on my computer but I'd also get to see the U2 dvd at last :)

I'd really appreciate all the help I can get. I'm not very good with computers so thanks a lot for the patience.. :uhoh:

youtooellen said:
yeah I know it sounds pretty lame, but I downloaded a U2 dvd many months ago. I was cleaning up my harddrive, and realized it took up 4.34 GB. :ohmy:

my brother has a dvd burner and he has roxio dvd creator or whatever it's called, but I'm not sure of how to burn the dvd with the program.

Not sure what Smartstart is but it definitely shouldn't take 7 hours. :huh: I don't have that Roxio program but I think these are the directions for what you need to do.

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/EE7000015

Roxio's latest dvd software is INCREDIBLY slow. After years of being a fan of that line of software.... I've switched to Nero.. much faster, more reliable, and many more options.

thanks a lot for the help, I'll try to burn it with Roxio this week.

if not then, I'll pop by here again. :)

ellen: i hope it works for you soon! if not, i'd try downloading Nero. you get this trial version for a month for free, and it's pretty spiffy. but....
i'm having some problems with burning a vcd (it's an .iso file). I used Nero, but when the disc came out, the files were incompatible/unreadable, but they were there, so i don't know what's going on with that either.

haha I kind of forgot about this thread.. but yeah, I did try using Roxy, and it didn't work. I actually couldn't figure out some of the buttons and such :reject:..

I think I'm going to convince my brother into purchasing Nero or a more reliable cd/dvd burner. Roxy currently does a half ass job on all my brother's cds :|

Yeah I'm having trouble figuring out how to burn my torrents onto dvd! :( I downloaded a dvd burner software and I succesfully burned a mpeg file onto cd but when I tried to burn my VTS torrents files onto dvd, nothing!! :huh:
Am I doing something wrong coz as far as I know I'm supposed to be able to burn dvds with brand new computer!! :eyebrow:
Maybe someone should start an "Absolute Beginners Guide to Burning DVDs" thread!?! :wink:

^ :yes:

I tried again a few nights ago with my brother's Roxy dvd maker but it took sooo long to try to bring the files into the program so I just gave up. :shrug:

I think I'm definitely doing something wrong cause the second time I tried (yesterday night) the computer froze and I had to restart the computer while it was under the dvd burning process :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom