how do i get personal info removed on a forum website?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
An old room mate from a few years ago was doing some stuff online and pissed off somebody. That somebody posted my name and old address and current phone number on the forums at this other website(not here).

When i google my number, it shows up.

How do i get it removed? i swear i emailed the webmaster a while ago but they never did anything.

I emailed again an will see if anything happens this time.

Thanks,

jesseu2

I think that's pretty much all you can do. Does the forum have an admin or moderator you could also try to contact?

is there a "contact us" page on the forum or anything? it seems silly that they'd make you register just to contact a mod or something, though of course not all sites are as helpful or whatever like interference. good luck jesse, hopefully you'll be able to get the info removed from the site.

I do not know, i'm not registered there.

Should i register just to contact a mod hopefully?

If by registering you can contact some moderator, then you should. I don't know what kind of forum you're talking about, so just by that I would recommend not using your real info. they already have your phone number, nobody needs to get more info on you. Good luck.

I just went and got the domain information from a whois site. I now know who the domain provider is and have contact info of the owner.

I emailed the technical contact address now. See what happens.

See if you can get the site admin to delete the post, even if you need to register. Then, Google these terms

Webpage removal request tool

and hit 'I'm feeling lucky' to proceed with Google's process of removing your sensitive information from Google search.

Back
Top Bottom