Help with wireless internet connection!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiger Edge

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
My brother recently went through a whole process to get his Xbox 360 connected to the internet. In doing so, he changed the WEP key and the IP address and all that stuff.
I already went in and changed all these things, and I get the internet now...only it's not a constant connection. Every two minutes or so, I lose it for about 10 seconds and it has to refresh.
How do I get it back to being a constant connection?

Well I spent an hour with Linksys support and I think they sent me a few steps backward. They made me change the SSID and then I realized that that would make the XBox not function anymore...oops! So I changed it back. I wonder if it will still be okay.
I don't think I have internet anymore, yet again. (I'm at work now)

It's really weird because while I *was* connected, my tray icon said I wasn't and so neither did the wireless internet connections tab. I'm all confused. :(

I can't help but I can commiserate. I hated linksys when I had their router. It used to just stop working for no reason. Then you'd have to unplug it and the modem, wait, maybe reboot the computer as well. Maybe not. "Linksys not sure how linksys feel today. Linksys no want to be on internet today. Linksys no happy with you today. Linksys hungry. Feed linksys. FEED LINKSYS NOW! Linksys no read internet til linksys eat." Ugh. I hated him.

I had the same problem when I was trying to get my DS to connect to our router.. changed the WPA key into WEP, had no internet... I put in some stuff like ip and stuff somewhere in the connection tab, and it worked.. but my sis had no internet, after changing the keys she did.... oddly enough google didn't work, icanhascheezburger didn't work either and some other sites loaded REALLY slow...
after a system restore to a day before I changed the settings everything worked fine again, and the key is still changed :)

Okay, I went back and undid all the steps I did with the support team this morning and I'm back to having intermittent internet access. I guess shitty access is better than none...for now.

Try changing the wireless channel on the router page - something else might be interfering with the signal.

Back
Top Bottom