Help with mpeg edit...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzlingamy

Refugee
The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - M
Worse title EVER i know, but I don't exactly know how to explain it.

I took a 40 second video of Adam but turned my camera on the side, so when you view it you have to turn your head to the side to view it, is there any way you can edit the mpeg to turn it so you can view it normally? I couldn't find anywhere to do it. Or can you even do it?

thanks in advance for any help :)

If you have Windows XP, you should have Windows Movie Maker installed on your computer. Look for it under Accessories.
Open the program and import your video into it. Your video will open as a collection of one or more clips, drag them down into the storyboard at the bottom of the screen (in the right order! :tongue: ) then click the 'Video Effects' tab, and scroll down until you see the rotate option (there's two, one for 90 degrees and one for 270, depending on how far you have to rotate). Drag the effect on top of each clip in your storyboard, then resave the video.

Or since I'm nice, you can upload it, and I'll rotate it for you, and reupload it. Though it might not be an MPEG anymore... WMM is weird with filetypes :shrug:

My camera does cruddy Quicktime files too :angry:

I use a free program called Bink and Smacker to convert them so I can use them in WMM:

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

Open the program, select your file in the browse window, then click the "Convert" button at the bottom of the window. On the next window, ignore most of the stuff you see, and just click the "Output type" button and select AVI. Then click "Convert" on the right side of the screen.

But once you've rotated it and are ready to resave it in WMM, don't save it as AVI or else the filesize will be HUGE (WMM is weird like that). A WMV file should be fine though.

Back
Top Bottom