Help With Digital Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVM

Babyface
I'm going to a few gigs this year and I've decided to get a digital camera (I'm sick of using disposable ones!) to get some good pics. I can't really afford any of the expensive ones. My price range is about 100-150 euro. I don't have a clue about digital cameras and i'm just looking for some help. Is it worth getting one this cheap (all the other ones I've seen are pretty expensive)? Do they all come with flash?(indoor gigs) And has anyone got any recommendations.
I found 2 within the price range...
> Fuji A400 Digital Camera at 99euro. it has 4.1 megapixels, 3x optical zoom, 1.8" LCD Screen, Movie mode
> BenQ C540 Digital Camera at 139euro. it has 5 megapixels, 3x optical zoom, 2.5" LCD display.

Anybody any ideas? The above info means nothing to me. lol

I've never seen a point-and-shoot digital that didn't come with flash, but for concerts you don't want to be using a flash anyway, since it will most likely be dark and the flash is only effective within the first few feet or so and even then it tends to whiteout the subject. I personally don't recommend anything but Canon or Nikon. One thing you'll want to look into based on your price range are the extent of the manual options or the scene modes available. Many of the cheaper cameras have limited manual options which makes shooting great pics in the dark during indoor gigs really hard. Nikon's tend to have many, many scene mode choices, but the lower end models have limited manual options. Don't worry about the megapixels; anything new on the market will be fine. You can print a 3 MP photo on 8x11 paper and it will look fine. The more MP you have, the slower the camera's going to be and the more memory cards you're going to end up needing. Also, ignore digital zoom. It is worthless and actually makes photos grainer than if you just cropped them yourself. Optical zoom is the only zoom worth using.

Back
Top Bottom