Help with buying a tablet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PopmuzikMofo

The Fly
I'm in the market for a new tablet, but I don't have the funds for something like an iPad. I want something that can run Android apps; Do you think the new Fire tablet (the $50 7 inch one) could run Android apps? Amazon seems unclear about this.

Thank you for any input

You have to root a Fire to run the app store. The Amazon app store is pretty sufficient, though.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab looks good too. Hopefully they have a lot more tablet-specific apps now, versus reusing phone apps for tablets. I went with the iPad for that reason a while ago.

What kind of things are you looking for in a tablet? What do you want to do with it, browse the internet and check your email and stuff? Or more play games and apps?

I do love my Nexus 7, even now I use it a lot. If you want something iPad size without it being an iPad, there is the Nexus 9 - did not get great reviews when it first came out, but it has gotten software updates since and word is that it runs great now. Also Samsung just came out with new Galaxy Tab models, although they still may be out of your price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom