Help with Blackberry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vjacqb

New Yorker
A city that experienced the February 2010 Blizzard
I tried searching for a thread for troubleshooting Blackberry problems, but I couldn't find one.

My blackberry is nuked! :scream:
It says "Reload Software:552" apparently crashed and burned, and I read that it's a pain to try to fix it. :panic: Does anyone have experience with this?

My BB is a Curve 8900 with T-mobile.

yes. I tried several forums, and the answers were very confusing. They all involved unclear steps like connect the BB to your PC to download the software, but disconnect it when it gets to a certain point, because or else it won't recognize the device, etc.

I finally went to the Tmobile forum, and someone actually posted a clear step-by-step instructions on how to upload all the software again. I'm actually in the middle of doing that right now. :crossfingers:

It looks like I'm about to lose all application data though. I don't really know what that means until I see it. I hope that doesn't mean I'll lose my contacts or the text messages. :slant:

Well, I was able to load the OS software, and I can turn on my BB again.

But... I lost everything except for my media files. No address book contacts, no BBM contacts, no internet bookmarks. :sigh: And I thought I'd backed up my BB at least once, but I must have backed up only my media files. :doh:

^Thanks, Khan. I didn't get to that one. I checked Crackberry and the blackberry official forum. Those people didn't make it easy. The easiest instructions I found was on the Tmobile forum, to reinstall the OS, because my BB basically could not reboot at that point.

Should have tried that route first (the one in your link) before the wipe, but oh well. Too late now. I didn't think the OS reinstall would wipe out my contacts info, and I thought I had at least one backup file.

Lesson learned. These tech devices are not invincible, and back them up regularly.

Iris, I've had a lot of problems with it, and I don't even use it extensively. Today I was only trying to install an application, and apparently somehow it got corrupted, and when I tried to delete it, it probably took some parts of the OS along with it, and then I ended up with a corrupted OS. I wonder if maybe the fact that I have poor reception at my office has something to do with it. I often try to download apps or use apps when I'm in the office, and the poor reception occasionally caused the download to be interrupted. I had a corrupted facebook database file that caused me to get error messages before. I managed to fix that. And now a corrupted app caused the OS to crash.

I'm gonna try to see if I can get some kind of upgrade discount from Tmobile to get one of their 3G BBs even though I'm not technically eligible for an upgrade yet.

Back
Top Bottom