Help with Blackberry - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:37 PM
Help with Blackberry

I tried searching for a thread for troubleshooting Blackberry problems, but I couldn't find one.

My blackberry is nuked!
It says "Reload Software:552" apparently crashed and burned, and I read that it's a pain to try to fix it. Does anyone have experience with this?

My BB is a Curve 8900 with T-mobile.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 11:37 AM
have you tried the crackberry.com forum?

Old 08-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
New Yorker

yes. I tried several forums, and the answers were very confusing. They all involved unclear steps like connect the BB to your PC to download the software, but disconnect it when it gets to a certain point, because or else it won't recognize the device, etc.

I finally went to the Tmobile forum, and someone actually posted a clear step-by-step instructions on how to upload all the software again. I'm actually in the middle of doing that right now. :crossfingers:

It looks like I'm about to lose all application data though. I don't really know what that means until I see it. I hope that doesn't mean I'll lose my contacts or the text messages.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
New Yorker

Well, I was able to load the OS software, and I can turn on my BB again.

But... I lost everything except for my media files. No address book contacts, no BBM contacts, no internet bookmarks. And I thought I'd backed up my BB at least once, but I must have backed up only my media files.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 11:37 AM
has your blackberry ever worked well for you? You have had a lot of problems with it.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #6
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:37 AM
i easily found this on google: What to do if your BlackBerry says Reload Software: 552 | BB Geeks
Old 08-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #7
New Yorker

^Thanks, Khan. I didn't get to that one. I checked Crackberry and the blackberry official forum. Those people didn't make it easy. The easiest instructions I found was on the Tmobile forum, to reinstall the OS, because my BB basically could not reboot at that point.

Should have tried that route first (the one in your link) before the wipe, but oh well. Too late now. I didn't think the OS reinstall would wipe out my contacts info, and I thought I had at least one backup file.

Lesson learned. These tech devices are not invincible, and back them up regularly.

Iris, I've had a lot of problems with it, and I don't even use it extensively. Today I was only trying to install an application, and apparently somehow it got corrupted, and when I tried to delete it, it probably took some parts of the OS along with it, and then I ended up with a corrupted OS. I wonder if maybe the fact that I have poor reception at my office has something to do with it. I often try to download apps or use apps when I'm in the office, and the poor reception occasionally caused the download to be interrupted. I had a corrupted facebook database file that caused me to get error messages before. I managed to fix that. And now a corrupted app caused the OS to crash.

I'm gonna try to see if I can get some kind of upgrade discount from Tmobile to get one of their 3G BBs even though I'm not technically eligible for an upgrade yet.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:37 AM
no worries. at least you know you're not the only one with this problem! not that it makes it any easier, lol.