Help with a U2 IPOD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popbellydancer

Refugee
so we had the original U2 Ipod and a few months ago it just stopped working...completely. won't turn on...not the screen, not the music...nothing. we live in LA, and took good care of it...so weather is not a concern. my bf doens't want to take it to get it fixed cuz he says he remembers that when he bought it the Apple store told him if something happens you can bring it to Apple to be fixed, but depending on the issue and it's severity they may have to replace it. if they do you might not get the exact same Ipod back...but a new or refurbished model that may not be the U2 model. :down:

i was wondering if anyone has had this happen to an ipod, where it just stops working and if so...what was wrong with it?

also, have any of you experienced taking a U2 ipod to an Apple store to be fixed and then had them give you a different model/Ipod?

thanks a mil!

It's like a built in self-destruct, after two years, iPods tend to just...die.

But when I sent my U2 iPod in for repairs, I got a U2 ipod back. No it wasn't mine, but it was still the same model I purchased.

It's like a built in self-destruct, after two years, iPods tend to just...die.

do you know what the cause is? can it be fixed? or is this just the old story of things not being made to last?

But when I sent my U2 iPod in for repairs, I got a U2 ipod back. No it wasn't mine, but it was still the same model I purchased.

thank you! good to know.

do you know what the cause is? can it be fixed? or is this just the old story of things not being made to last?

thank you! good to know.

I have no idea why, but almost to the DAY that I bought it, two years later, my iPod battery went pretty bad on me, like, it'll be fully charged, but THINK that it's only half charged, and dies almost instantly once it hits the halfway point. I would take it in to get fixed, but I mostly use my phone for MP3s now, so, :shrug:. Why it does it though, I don't know.

NP

You can buy a replacement battery on eBay for cheap. The problem is getting the iPod open, you can buy tools to achieve this, but it's hard to do.
My suggestion; go to Apple and they will do it for you. Especially if it's an iPod like the U2 version that you want to keep.

My:twocents:

I agree with Carlos, sounds like a battery issue!

:hi5: For having a U2 iPod, I have one too! :lol: Nobody is allowed to touch it, MINE.

After 5 years, my U2 Ipod died on me last nite. Im so devasated! I took such good care of it and I was happy it lasted so long. Mine is definitely the hard diive, I took it into Apple today and they verified it.
So, they told me to send it in for 130 bucks, and they will try to repair it or send me the same model refurbed, which I guess isnt that bad of a deal.

My question is this, does anyone know....
So this might sound crazy, but 5 years ago around Nov 04, when I purchased the U2 Ipod, I also bought the Complete U2 for like 150 bucks. I have since changed computers, do you think Itunes will be able to give me the complete U2 again or do I have to rebuy it? I mean I had it on my Ipod, but now my Ipod is dead. I am freaking out without my U2pod and my complete U2!!!!

Sorry to hear it died.

I'm not sure wether you can get it, but I thought there was something like transferring an account from one computer to another.

Otherwise... :shifty: I might be able to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom