Help setting up my VCR to record?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
I have it plugged in, it plays videos fine, but when I try to record something it tapes the AV channel. :huh:

My tv has that many holes I dont even know where to start. HALP. :scream:

Why is it VCR and not VRC? :scratch: What does VCR even mean? Video coreder?

:reject:

Well, our vcr has the av channel set as auto too, but you can change that. Try to find in the manual how to change the channel perhaps? Or did you try that already?

have you tried going to the manufacturer's website to troubleshoot?

Its not on their website, as its not a recent model. :/ Thanks for the suggestion though.

I basically need to get it to record the channel Im watching as opposed to AV, but Ive never set up a VCR with a scart before so I have no idea how to do it. :huh: I had the same problem downstairs trying to get sky to record.

Why is it VCR and not VRC? :scratch: What does VCR even mean? Video coreder?

:reject:

Well, our vcr has the av channel set as auto too, but you can change that. Try to find in the manual how to change the channel perhaps? Or did you try that already?

Its from a charity shop, so theres no manual. :uhoh:

My last TV was a combi, so had a VCR built in. I never had any of these troubles until now. :madwife:

what's the model no and brand? I can google a bit if you'd like.

usually you have to set the channel, but I thought if it's on av it would automatically record what you're watching. :scratch: Only if you want to watch something differently you set the channel.

Hm, last times I recorded it was on the same channel each week so I never changed that. I do know it was set to channel 99 and no AV.

AC200i�Owner's Manual�LG / GOLDSTAR� : Owner-Manuals.com, Service Manuals, User Manuals, Repair Manuals
:grumpy: Greedy bastards want money for it. Blegh. I'll find it for free somewhere I bet.

You have to become a member, but you could try it here. Atleast it's free.
LG VCR manuals, user manuals, owners manuals, how-to instructions and help.

I can't find it on any of the free sites. :crack:
Perhaps compare it to a more recent one's user manual, it might work the same way. My parents have a phillips dvd player, and so do I. When their remote was broken I got mine and it worked on theirs. So yea, it could happen.

Mine records TV, but I have my TV channels going through my VCR (well, from the wall to the cable box to the VCR to the TV). I put my VCR on channel 3, and it records the TV feed.

I just noticed I posted this in Stuck In a Moment. WTF. :scratch:

I dunno.

Anyway, I spose Ill just have to mess about and try and get it working. :S I might just use an analogue cable and do it that way. At least I know where Im working if Im tuning stuff in. :shrug:

I'm having probs with my new VCR, not an old one! For some reason I can't tape digital channels, only analogue.

Anyway, back to subject: your VCR needs to be tuned to the channels available in your area. Plug it in, connect the aerial cable & scart, and look for a Menu or Setup button on your remote or on the machine. Press that, find an option which says auto-tune or channel setup, and see what happens.

Mine will only record from the AV channel if it 'forgets' the other channels, i.e. when it's unplugged for a length of time.

Hope this helps. Computers are more my thing

Teddy

I managed to sort it, it needs to be on VCR AV instead of TV av.

Though you have to go back to the TV setting to change channels, which is awkward. But at least its doing the job.

I suggest you try the same, I dont have my VCR tuned in, its just going though the TV with a scart.

Tried that but I don't have an AV on my VCR, it appears to be old enough that it needs to be tuned in!

I really need to get a new one :sad:

Teddy

Back
Top Bottom