Help needed with Microsoft Word shortcut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thora

Blue Crack Supplier
On my desktop, this is what the shortcut looks like right now:

grr.jpg

It used to have the "W" or whatever the symbol is. I didn't notice that it had changed until today, so I'm not sure how long this has been going on.

I try to click on it, and nothing happens. I can get into the program if I open a saved document, though. When I click start, it has the weird looking icon in that as well.

It's annoying to have to go through another document in order to open the program.

Is there any way for that to be restored to the way it used to be? Thanks.

I think the shortcut adress is incorrect... what you could do is go to the original location, and rightmouseclick on word.exe and then make a new shortcut on the desktop
word is located in
C:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office, and is named winword.exe
hope that helps...

Galeongirl said:
I think the shortcut adress is incorrect... what you could do is go to the original location, and rightmouseclick on word.exe and then make a new shortcut on the desktop
word is located in
C:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office, and is named winword.exe
hope that helps...

Okay, sorry for my stupidity. In the original location in the start menu, the icon is messed up too. When I've tried to make a new shortcut, the same screwed up icon shows up.

I have Windows XP, if that makes a difference.

ThoraSEB said:

Okay, sorry for my stupidity. In the original location in the start menu, the icon is messed up too. When I've tried to make a new shortcut, the same screwed up icon shows up.

I have Windows XP, if that makes a difference.

where did you try making the shortcut? in the location I told you?

if so, there's something messed up in Word, and I think it'd be best to reinstall it :)

Back
Top Bottom