Help needed: adding a 2nd iPod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyMarie

Acrobat
I hope this is the right forum.

I've had my 5th gen iPod video for a while now, and I just bought my stepdaughter an iPod classic nano for Christmas. How does iTunes work with two iPods? My music library is around 5500 songs, and my sd will only want about 300 or so of these, will we be able to keep our music separate? What happens when I plug her nano in for the first time and will we have individual libraries? Trying to decide if I should go ahead and get her nano registered and set up so it will be ready to use immediately Christmas morning.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi Mandy,

Your iTunes library will recognize that this iPod Classic will be a different one than the 5th gen you already have, thus separating the information. It very simple, you will see it once you connect it to your computer.
5500 songs? :up:

RedrocksU2 said:
Hi Mandy,

Your iTunes library will recognize that this iPod Classic will be a different one than the 5th gen you already have, thus separating the information. It very simple, you will see it once you connect it to your computer.
5500 songs? :up:

Hola stranger! :D

I thought my library was big until I saw people get excited over the 160gb iPods. :huh: If only I could get my stepdaughter to listen to more U2, but at the moment, it's only SBS and Bono's cover of "I Am the Walrus", lol. So would it be easier to share my iTunes library or create a separate account?

If you click "manually manage music and videos" on the ipod options bit, you can just shove whatever songs off your library you want, which is good if you only want certain things. Only bad thing is if you add music and forget to put it on.

Back
Top Bottom