Help! Malware Defense and Internet Browsers don't open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So, I've managed to screw up two computers in one week. Can anyone help?

My personal computer, the one I'm using now, has that bastard "Malware Defense" virus in it. It's showed itself several times and blocks me from installing anti-viruses or anything that could kill it. I thought that maybe I could ignore it and just carry on closing the IE window it randomly opens from time to time but now it's taken to the habit of shutting down my computer for no reason at all.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

My work's computer, it was working fine and then after a restart none of the browsers would open. Neither IE or Firefox. They both give me that "would you like to send us the error description?" box and then just shut down.

Can anyone please help? If I don't have to go to a "PC doctor" then that would be better as I am in a different country than my own and it would just be a huge pain in the ass.

Thanks to anyone who pities this fool. :(

i wonder if this is that dreaded "Banker.A" virus. i had restore my computer back a couple days.

Running Windows in "Safe Mode" is probably your best bet trying to install the programs necessary to kill it. In this case, not only do I suggest an up-to-date antivirus program, but also run both Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy.

Even at this, I'd use it as an opportunity to backup absolutely everything of value onto an external hard drive or multiple DVD-R burns, and then do a clean internal hard drive reformat and reinstall Windows. Chances are, even if you are able to rid yourself of it, it will have left Windows a mess and will poorly run.

Back
Top Bottom