Help! Advice for slideshow/movie on a PC to upload on utube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeannieco

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay
Does anybody have some good advise on putting together a slideshow that would be easy to upload to youtube so my family can easlity view it? I want to do a Seattle concert recap via slideshow with music and maybe some video clips like the intro to Beautiful Day.
I have no luck with WMMaker, it doesn't convert to the right format unless you have a computer programming degree. OMG, why is it so hard to upload to youtube from windows movie maker?? :angry:
Yes, I know you have to convert it to the right file type, but I don't want to do that. It's too aggrivating especially with my piece of crap computer!:angry::lol::D
Plus all the photo sharing sites have slide show capability but I want to add music. :drool: It's going to be a great slideshow if I could just get together and uploaded somehow. Any advise would be very helpful! Thank ya :D

I believe there is now a way to directly make videos like that on Youtube.

Ok, just looked, maybe not, I must've been imagining things, or maybe they got rid of it.

They do have a link to a few sites however:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

See if maybe one of those might work for you?

What is not working with Movie Maker? I use it weekly for making YouTubes. Normally it creates a wmv file which I upload, no converting.

Sorry, I am a novice at this stuff.
When I save the file, it doesn't initially save it as a wmv file right? Don't you I have to do something to publish it to the web? Under save options right? Save as movie to publish correct? :reject:
My computer is ancient and runs on XP.

Thank you for the feedback!

Well there's saving your project and then there's actually creating the movie file. Saving the project just saves what you see in Movie Maker (where you cut the clips, audio, transitions, etc). I use Movie Maker 2.6 which is the XP version (HATE HATE HATE the new Windows Live version) and I go to File > Save Movie File to actually generate the wmv. If you go to Save Project As you are just saving...the project...not creating a video. Then you go into your YouTube account and upload your wmv file. I've never had software upload directly to YouTube, not sure if it does that or not.

Back
Top Bottom