help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowflake

The Fly
something really strange happened a couple days ago. my computer isn't recognizing one of my hard drives anymore. maybe one of the cables disconnected inside the machine? (i got a new ipod and to plug the usb cable i have to lean the cpu, so...) but i'm kinda clueless here. sometimes it makes strange sounds, kinda like a beep. at first i thought it was something else making the sound, but one time when i had nothing else on i heard it again. it's not very loud though. my computer has also been really slow lately, but i know that's probably because i don't have enough ram. i think i'm gonna buy more soon. but anyways. if anyone knows what might be going on, please tell me. i can't access my music files anymore, and that was pretty much my life. please help.

Can you access anything on that Hard Drive at all? Or is music the only thing you have on it? You're not going to like the sound of this... but it sounds like your hard drive has died. I, myself, have gone through two of 'em. If this is true don't worry, there are programs out there that'll grab the music that's still on your iPod so that they will not be lost forever.

well, actually, it came back a few days ago. but every time before the system starts it asks to check the consistency of the disc, i don't know why. but everything works now. thanks though :)

Back
Top Bottom