Headphone repair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Let's say you have a really nice pair of Bose headphones (not earbuds), and let's say an animal .... oh, say your kitten ... chews on the wire/cord in a few places.

It looks like in two of the places she didn't damage the wire, just the casing, but in the third spot, mangled the wire. So now the sound just comes through one ear.

Are there places that can replace headphone wire? I'm not even sure how that works - can headphones be repaired when the problem is just in the wire/cord?

When I was a kid and my headphones got mangled like that I would just cut off the bad section, take the coating off a little segment of wire, twist them back together, and tape 'em up. But those were with the cheapy head phones that always come with your walkman/discman.

corianderstem said:
Let's say you have a really nice pair of Bose headphones (not earbuds), and let's say an animal .... oh, say your kitten ... chews on the wire/cord in a few places.

:uhoh:

I think kitten is in the dog house now. :uhoh:

I don't actually have any advice about fixing the headphones though. Sorry. :(

I think, due to an unexpected offer of help, I may have an answer. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

It's good to know there are shops that can do something like that - I didn't know if headphones could be repaired. Thanks, elfa. :up:

Back
Top Bottom