HDTV stupid inputs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
ok, so when i got my HD tv around christmas i couldn't get the regular SD channels and my HD channels to work on the same input.

called time warner, they had no clue why... said they'd have to send a tech out to try and fix it, to which we said forget it it's no big deal 'cause neither of us really felt like taking off work to wait for the stupid cable guy.

but now it's baseball season... we got the baseball package 'cause we live in new york, i'm a mets fan and my girlfriend's a red sox fan... and most of the baeball package channels aren't in HD. and we want to switch back and forth, but without having to change inputs every damned time.

anyone run into this issue before and solve it?

Weird. What sort of cables are you using between the TV and the cable box / dvr?

i have an HDMI cable that is only picking up the HD channels. the SD channels all come in as fuzz.

i've tried hooking up a standard cable wire and/or an S-video cable to get the other channels to work, but i have to change the input on my TV to access those feeds.

if i switch to an SD channel while i'm on my HDMI input, the screen goes fuzzy. I then have to switch to the s-video input and i can get the SD channels. then i switch back to the HDMI input and all the channels are fuzzy. i then have to turn off my TV to reset everything and then turn it back on again and the channels are back.

i'm baffled... i'm fairly good at hooking shit up, but this thing's got me all sorts of confused.

Maybe take a look at the settings on the DVR, or whatever your actual television signal is coming from. If it's not just some weird setting that's on, there's something wrong with the box and they need to switch it out.

went to yahoo answers for some help and actually got a pretty good one...

It's probably because your TV does not support the 480i SD format on it's HDMI input. That is not uncommon.

The fix is to go into your cable box setup menu and find the place where you can select what formats your TV will support. De-select 480i. That will make the cable box output SD channels at 480p, which your TV should be able to receive via it's HDMI input.

i will have to give this a shot when i get home tonight

I called my work's technical support line and they said the same thing as above, that should be the answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom