Has anyone here ever purchased a used IPOD from Ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
i'm thinking about picking up a 20GB one for $170.

just wondering if any of you have purchased a used IPOD from Ebay or any similar stories. i'm really close to clicking the "commit to buy" button, so any advice would be great! thanks!

My advice would be don't jump at it before checking out users reputation and making sure that they offer a guarantee for what they see, most sellers strive to keep an impeccable feedback rating but you can get burned if your not careful.

You can get a 20 gig refurbished one from the Apple Store for $169 plus tax w/ free shipping. It'll be in like new condition (I've ordered several) and you'll have a 1 year warranty (and you can add an extra year). Personally I'd rather buy from Apple considering that the price is almost the same, w/ the guaranteed condition, warranty, etc.

If you decide to go with Ebay, I'd check their feedback and see what if any warranty is included.

I got a new one from eBay including an iTrip and an iTunes gift card for less than I'd have paid for just the iPod elsewhere. It had the full warranty and the seller had very good feedback, and I was very satisfied with the purchase.

If you like to upgrade your electronics often, it might not matter so much if you're buying a used one. For me, I decided to get a new one because I'm not planning on buying another one anytime soon. eBay was still definitely the way to go, though.

Now that I know I could still get a refurbished U2 iPod, though, I want one of those :grumpy:

neutral said:
You can get a 20 gig refurbished one from the Apple Store for $169 plus tax w/ free shipping. It'll be in like new condition (I've ordered several) and you'll have a 1 year warranty (and you can add an extra year). Personally I'd rather buy from Apple considering that the price is almost the same, w/ the guaranteed condition, warranty, etc.

If you decide to go with Ebay, I'd check their feedback and see what if any warranty is included.

holy crap! neutral. you always seem to come through for me.:wink:

thanks for the feedback everyone, and sorry about posting in the wrong forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom