Halp! Frozen iPod!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kafrun

Blue Crack Addict
I didn't see this question answered anywhere else.. :uhoh:

So I plugged my iPod into my computer last night to charge, but when I went to unplug it this morning, I noticed a message on the screen. It said something along the lines of "iPod needs to be reformatted to work with Windows. Restart now?" at least from what I remember. I clicked 'ok', but nothing happened. I tried unplugging it and replugging it. I tried restarting my computer and plugging it in again :huh: The screen is frozen on the last song I was playing. It shows the same amount of battery power and everything. I tried pressing every button and they still make the clicking sounds, but absolutely nothing happens :scream: What now?? :sad: It's a relatively new Nano - I just got it two months ago. It's never given me troubles before..

to reset your ipod you have to hold the middle button and the menu button at the same time until the screen goes black and the apple icon appears.

Thankyou! :bow: It worked. That never happened to me before, so I was freaking out slightly :der: *caresses iPod*

if that happens to you again, I would take it to an apple store to have it checked out. That happened to me last year with my beloved U2 iPod but I took it in too late. I had to replace it :sad: It was my fault though. I wore it out by using an iTrip with it at work and playing it nonstop for 2 years. But anyways...the dude at the apple store told me when I bought my nano if I had any issues like that again to take it in right away instead of waiting until they can't fix it anymore.

kafrun said:
Thankyou! :bow: It worked. That never happened to me before, so I was freaking out slightly :der: *caresses iPod*

Mine froze the other day and wouldn`t do anything and freaked majorly,and i got it fixed like that,sooo i know how you feel :hi5:*patsontheback*

Back
Top Bottom