Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catlhere

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
:rockon:
Guitar-hero-iii-cover-image.jpg

Any fellow U2ites planning to pick this up over the weekend, or sometime soon? Sunday is the official release date for the Americas (although the PC version will arrive later next month) and it looks like it's shaping up to be the best one yet. It definitely aims to be the most difficult. You can purchase it for pretty much for every system you could think of, so you have many options to choose from.

Here's a quick rundown of the game in general...

PRICING

Playstation 2: $89.99
adux_1969_6375339

PS2 Bundle Includes:
- Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock Game
- Guitar Hero III Wireless Kramer Guitar Controller
- Guitar Hero Sticker Pack

Nintendo Wii: $89.99
adux_1970_594677

Wii Bundle Includes:
- Guitar Hero III Wireless Les Paul Guitar Controller

Xbox 360: $99.99
adux_1969_6411832

360 Bundle Includes:

Playstation 3: $99.99
adux_1969_6393696

PS3 Bundle Includes:

GUITARS

-The guitar controllers have been modeled after the Kramer Pacer (PS2) and Gibson Les Paul (Wii, 360, PS3) as opposed to the Gibson SG reproduction found with the previous two games. All wireless.
-Various improvements were made to the controller. The chord buttons are now mostly black with their edges color coded. The strum bar is a bit wider and has reduced the "click" sound when playing. The whammy bar moves much more similar to the actual thing. The start and star power activation buttons are now flushed into the body of the guitar, preventing any accidental presses. The neck of the guitar is now removable for easy storage.
-The guitar controller face plates are also removable, allowing any custom design or finish to be interchanged in order to suit your type of rock. The PS2 and Wii face plates will be white at launch, while the 360 and PS3 face plates will be black.
wiigh3.jpg

-The Wii guitar controller (seen above) utilizes aspects of the Wii Remote during gameplay. It sits inside the shell of the guitar along with the Nunchuck whose joystick can be used to navigated the game's menus. Tilting the guitar upward as always will activate star power using the Wii Remote's accelerometer to recognize the movement. Achieving star power will also cause the internal rumble of the Wii Remote to trigger, making the whole guitar vibrate. Finally, the familiar ping of missed notes during songs can now also be heard through the built-in speaker.

SINGLE/MULTIPLAYER MODES

-Offline modes are as follows: Career, Co-op Career, Quickplay, Multiplayer, and Training
-All versions will be online at launch (Wii version however will not immediately have downloadable content)
-Online you can choose to play in a normal match for a better score or battle mode which consists of using various powerups to make your opponent fail. Unfortunately there is no online Co-Op Career mode.
-Battle Mode is played exactly like a regular match in which you must follow the notes on screen and perform better than the rocker you're facing. The big difference however is that rather that obtaining star power, you obtain "battle power" which is a series of notes that when hit in succession awards you with one of the following powerups to defeat your foe:

*Broken string: One fret button on the opponent's guitar will not work until it is fixed (by rapidly tapping the button).
*Difficulty up: The opponent will play the song on an increased difficulty for a short duration of time (except for expert difficulty).
*Amp overload: The fret board will shake and cause the notes to blink, making the scrolling notes difficult to read.
*Whammy bar: The opponent will have to use the whammy bar before he/she can play notes again.
*Steal power: This will steal your opponent's power-up (this will be lost if used when the opponent has no power-up).
*Double notes: The opponent will have to play any single note as a two-button chord, and any two-button chord as a three-button chord for a short amount of time.
*Lefty flip: The fret board will be mirrored; the green and orange will swap, same with the red and blue. If this power is earned while lefty flip is active, the lefty flip will turn into a righty flip, restoring your opponent's fret board to normal if used.
*Death Drain: After a song has been played through once, players go into Sudden Death mode, where all Battle Powers turn into unstoppable Death Drain attacks. When Death Drain is unleashed upon the opponent, a figure resembling a winged Grim Reaper will appear to have a constant negative influence on their opponent's rock meter. Every mistake the player makes accelerates their rock meter drain, and eventually the Grim Reaper will block the player's view of the frets and thus the player will fail, since their Rock Meter will be put past the failing red range.

SOUNDTRACK*SPOILERS*; Do not read if you wish to hold out on viewing the final tier placements and/or secret characters in the game!

1. Starting Out Small

"Slow Ride" – Foghat
"Talk Dirty to Me" – Poison
"Hit Me with Your Best Shot" – Pat Benatar
"Story of My Life" – Social Distortion
"Rock and Roll All Nite" – Kiss (Encore)
"Sabotage" – Beastie Boys (Co-op Encore)

2. Your First Real Gig

"Mississippi Queen" – Mountain
"School's Out" – Alice Cooper
"Sunshine of Your Love" – Cream
"Barracuda" – Heart
Guitar Battle vs. Tom Morello
"Bulls on Parade" – Rage Against the Machine (Encore)
"Reptilia" – The Strokes (Co-op Encore)

3. Making The Video

"When You Were Young" – The Killers
"Miss Murder" – AFI
"The Seeker" – The Who
"Lay Down" – Priestess
"Paint It, Black" – The Rolling Stones (Encore)
"Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers (Co-op Encore)

4. European Invasion

"Paranoid" – Black Sabbath
"Anarchy in the U.K." – Sex Pistols (Re-recorded)
"Kool Thing" – Sonic Youth
"My Name Is Jonas" – Weezer
"Even Flow" – Pearl Jam (Encore)
"Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" – Blue Öyster Cult (Co-op Encore)

5. Bighouse Blues

"Holiday in Cambodia" – Dead Kennedys
"Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
"Same Old Song and Dance" – Aerosmith
"La Grange" – ZZ Top
Guitar Battle vs. Slash
"Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses (Encore)
"Helicopter" – Bloc Party (Co-op Encore)

6. The Hottest Band On Earth

"Black Magic Woman" – Santana
"Cherub Rock" – The Smashing Pumpkins
"Black Sunshine" – White Zombie
"The Metal" – Tenacious D
"Pride and Joy" – Stevie Ray Vaughan (Encore)
"Monsters" – Matchbook Romance (Co-op Encore)

7. Live In Japan

"Before I Forget" – Slipknot
"Stricken" – Disturbed
"3's & 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age
"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse
"Cult of Personality" – Living Colour (Re-recorded) (Encore)

8. Battle For Your Soul

"Raining Blood" – Slayer
"Cliffs of Dover" – Eric Johnson
"The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden
"One" – Metallica
Guitar Battle vs. Lou – "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" – inspired by Charlie Daniels Band (Steve Ouimette rendition) (Encore)

Bonus Tracks

"Avalancha" – Héroes del Silencio
"Can't Be Saved" – Senses Fail
"Closer" – Lacuna Coil
"Don't Hold Back" – The Sleeping
"Down n' Dirty" – LA Slum Lords
"F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X." – The Fall of Troy
"Generation Rock" – Revolverheld
"Go That Far" - Bret Michaels Band
"Hier Kommt Alex" – Die Toten Hosen
"I'm in the Band" – The Hellacopters
"Impulse" – An Endless Sporadic
"In Love" – Scouts of St. Sebastian
"In the Belly of a Shark" – Gallows
"Mauvais Garçon" – Naast
"Metal Heavy Lady" – Lions
"Minus Celsius" – Backyard Babies
"My Curse" – Killswitch Engage
"Nothing for Me Here" – Dope
"Prayer of the Refugee" – Rise Against
"Radio Song" – Superbus
"Ruby" – Kaiser Chiefs
"She Bangs the Drums" – The Stone Roses
"Take This Life" – In Flames
"The Way It Ends" – Prototype
"Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce

If anyone has questions about the game that I didn't address I will do my best to answer them. Videos of each track in their entirety on expert have been popping up on YouTube for quite some time now, if you are inclined to peek at what you'll be up against.
:rockon:

:mad: fine. what's up with the re-recorded songs? are they still by the original artists, or someone else? if it's the latter, that's pretty lame that they wouldn't licence their songs to be used. even if it's the former, then wtf no one wants to hear some alternate version. unless it's blue monday 88.

Both Anarchy In the U.K. and Cult Of Personality were re-recorded by their original artists. I think those two particular songs were missing their master track which is needed when producing the game, so they asked The Sex Pistols and Living Colour to do the songs again for them. Pretty cool that the bands agreed.

Both tracks are nearly identical musically to their first versions, although Rotten's vocals are noticeably worse (which can be heard here) and Vernon Reid's guitar solos are even crazier (which can be seen here), not a bad thing for a game like Guitar Hero.

This game is so fun to play but when I look at my real guitar lying there I just feel retarded about how I could just as easily be spending my time practicing on the real thing.

"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't beat Raining Blood on Expert. It's the only song I have left 'til I battle Lou. Ugh!

Mosh 1 = :no:

Back
Top Bottom