GTA IV Release Date Confirmed - April 29, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
May the countdown begin :drool:

Rockstar Games Announces Release Date for Grand Theft Auto IV
Next-generation Console Debut of the Grand Theft Auto Franchise Set for April 29, 2008

New York, NY - January 24, 2008 - Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce the release date for Grand Theft Auto IV, the new title in the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and will be in stores worldwide on April 29, 2008.

"We are so excited to be releasing Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games. "We've pushed ourselves very hard to make something incredible and hope the game sets a new benchmark for interactive entertainment."

For more information, log onto http://www.rockstargames.com/IV

3857_gta_iv.jpg

elevated_u2_fan said:
I need to buy a PS3 stat!
you should get an Xbox 360 which will have exclusive download able content

Last edited:
It's sad, but, facts are facts:

I cannot wait to get this game. Killing aliens and whatnot is fun, but, not as fun as mowing down innocent pedestrians and drug dealers and prostitutes. It's just not.

No spoken words said:
It's sad, but, facts are facts:

I cannot wait to get this game. Killing aliens and whatnot is fun, but, not as fun as mowing down innocent pedestrians and drug dealers and prostitutes. It's just not.

there really is nothing like taking a whore into your car, getting a 25 point health bonus, and then beating the shit out of her with a bat to get your money back.

:hi5:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

there really is nothing like taking a whore into your car, getting a 25 point health bonus, and then beating the shit out of her with a bat to get your money back.

My favorite pastime! :combust:

I need to hurry up and get a PS3. :drool: :drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

I always suspected that you were a true romantic at heart.

This fucking game.....:drool:

DaveC said:
I might have to finally buy a 360 just for this game. :hyper:

buy a PS3,... blu-ray has won the war over HD-DVD.... anybody who thinks xbox 360 is better is an idiot. Microsoft went with hd-dvd an its their loss.

my 2 cents.

jesseu2 said:

buy a PS3,... blu-ray has won the war over HD-DVD.... anybody who thinks xbox 360 is better is an idiot. Microsoft went with hd-dvd an its their loss.

my 2 cents.

Agreed.

Yesterday, Netflix decided to not rent HD-DVD anymore, and Best Buy will be "recommending" Blu-ray over HD-DVD come March.

Microsoft itself has decided the format war is over and isn't even concentrating on it anymore.

jesseu2 said:

my 2 cents.

What a ridiculous Statement. How does Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD have anything to do with Game sales and consoles? The 360 has passed the PS3 in sales. Unlike the PS3 you get exclusive content for your games unlike the PS3. So yeah, GTA IV will have exclusive content the PS3 will not have. The 360 will continue to win this console war this time. The PS3 has the almost the same games the 360 already has. Until Metal Gear Solid comes out the PS3 will continue to lose the console war.
The PS3 will never see Gears of War, or Halo3, Ninja Gaiden is coming out soon to the 360, as is Resident Evil 5, which will come out for the ps3 eventually but again exclusive down loadable content. Also the fact that the 360 has the biggest online console community.

Plus Down loadable HD movies will be the future. You can download Movies and TV shows in HD on the 360, you can download Original Xbox games to your xbox, and all on the hard drive. You can also use your 360 as a PC Media Center and tape shows (almost like TIVO) to your 360.

Thank You and have a nice day.

Justin24 said:

What a ridiculous Statement. How does Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD have anything to do with Game sales and consoles? The 360 has passed the PS3 in sales.

technicaly this is an untrue statement.

you can't pass a console in sales if the console you're passing was never in the lead to begin with. 360 was released almost a full year before the ps3. it's a simpler system that is easier to develop on.

the ps3 has had a few glitches with early development in games because of the complexity of the system, and it's high price has hurt initial sales. but it's quickly picking up steam and more and more consoles are selling.

ultimately? they're both good consoles, and it's simply a personal decision on which you like better.

in the end, both systems will likeliy pass the Wii as the novelty of the entire wii thing wears off.

Justin24 said:

What a ridiculous Statement. How does Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD have anything to do with Game sales and consoles? The 360 has passed the PS3 in sales. Unlike the PS3 you get exclusive content for your games unlike the PS3. So yeah, GTA IV will have exclusive content the PS3 will not have. The 360 will continue to win this console war this time. The PS3 has the almost the same games the 360 already has. Until Metal Gear Solid comes out the PS3 will continue to lose the console war.
The PS3 will never see Gears of War, or Halo3, Ninja Gaiden is coming out soon to the 360, as is Resident Evil 5, which will come out for the ps3 eventually but again exclusive down loadable content. Also the fact that the 360 has the biggest online console community.

Plus Down loadable HD movies will be the future. You can download Movies and TV shows in HD on the 360, you can download Original Xbox games to your xbox, and all on the hard drive. You can also use your 360 as a PC Media Center and tape shows (almost like TIVO) to your 360.

Thank You and have a nice day.

elevated_u2_fan said:

do you and your xbox want to get a room?

Justin24 said:

What a ridiculous Statement. How does Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD have anything to do with Game sales and consoles? The 360 has passed the PS3 in sales.

It is not ridiculous.... It has everything to do with it because I would rather have (which i do) a game system with the high def movies format that will have future releases of new movies which is now blu-ray. In a year, i bet no more hd-dvd movies will be released. I do not know if you know that the original Star Wars trilogy is in plans to come out on Blu-Ray in near future. At least i don't have to worry about not missing out on future high def movies because my format won the war! :)

Xbox has 1080i output
PS3 has 1080p output

1080p is better so the PS3 wins this debate. Anything looks better in 1080p.

Downloadable hd movies is not in near future bro.. maybe it is but heres why not 'near' future...

1. People don't want to wait for High def quality movies to download especially when hd-dvd discs have 15 GB capacity and blu-ray discs have 30 GB capacity (single layer, double layer would be twice that)
2. Not everyone has DSL or cable speed.
3. this is what a DVR is for.
4. you can download games on PS3 too.
5. PC acts as a media center to PS3 too... i set it up on mine. Works beautiful.

I am more a movie watcher than a gamer but i like playing games once in awhile too.

Sony makes great products, they always have. Sony is a good brand.

Quit defending the xbox, ok? Its a goner! I know i'm right. Thats all i'm saying.

jesseu2 said:

It is not ridiculous.... It has everything to do with it because I would rather have (which i do) a game system with the high def movies format that will have future releases of new movies which is now blu-ray. In a year, i bet no more hd-dvd movies will be released. I do not know if you know that the original Star Wars trilogy is in plans to come out on Blu-Ray in near future. At least i don't have to worry about not missing out on future high def movies because my format won the war! :)

Xbox has 1080i output
PS3 has 1080p output

1080p is better so the PS3 wins this debate. Anything looks better in 1080p.

Downloadable hd movies is not in near future bro.. maybe it is but heres why not 'near' future...

1. People don't want to wait for High def quality movies to download especially when hd-dvd discs have 15 GB capacity and blu-ray discs have 30 GB capacity (single layer, double layer would be twice that)
2. Not everyone has DSL or cable speed.
3. this is what a DVR is for.
4. you can download games on PS3 too.
5. PC acts as a media center to PS3 too... i set it up on mine. Works beautiful.

I am more a movie watcher than a gamer but i like playing games once in awhile too.

Sony makes great products, they always have. Sony is a good brand.

Quit defending the xbox, ok? Its a goner! I know i'm right. Thats all i'm saying.

The only reason your defending Sony so much is because you have a great experience with them. Everyone I know has a 360, do you know why??? Because better online competition, download able content such as maps, weapons etc... can the PS3 do that?????????????????? No. Everyone who has a 360 said why would I get a PS3 when the xbox has it and all their games are in HD.

Can you please tell me WTF you would do with 15 Gigs of extra memory on a disc. I really doubt Blu Ray disc use up all that capacity. You should thank HD DVD for bringing the format forward. Sony I am sure made $$$$$$$$$$ lucrative deals with the studios to be on it's side why? Remember Beta Max????

you kno what jessup, we both sound like whiney fan boys. Lets put an end to this. Both systems are great and both have their flaws. So I say we call a truce and just let people get what ever system they want with out us trying to tell them which is better.

deal?

Yes, please stop arguing, or at least make it a civilized debate elsewhere. Remember, this thread was meant to be about GTA IV.

Back
Top Bottom