Grab the paper towels, new Apple iPhone and Apple TV announcements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
So the Macworld conference is going on out in Califor-en-eye-eh, and we've got new products down the pipe from Apple and I just made an explosion in my pants.

Round-up

Steve Jobs keynote blow-by-blow
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/live-from-macworld-2007-steve-jobs-keynote/

The gorgeous, OS10-running, bluetooth, touchscreen, buttonless iPhone
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/

Apple TV set-top box to browse and stream content to your television from your Mac - movies, photos, TV shows, music
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/itv-becomes-apple-tv/

dsc0186rw4.jpg

dsc0182bq0.jpg

dsc0217zu0.jpg

dsc0187lf5.jpg

Courtesy engadget.com

Last edited:
redkat said:
:combust:

what's an accelerometer( I think I need one) and how does it ignore unintended touches
Accelerometer = the thing inside the new Macbook laptops. It accurately senses movement. So its application in the laptops is to protect your data and shut down your hard drive as soon as it senses its being dropped.

As far as its application in the iPhone I have no idea. It does have GPS capability though so maybe its related to that.

I dont want to buy a phone just to have a fucking touch screen!!!

Bad move Apple!

I wonder how well this touchscreen will work.....:hmm:

a friend of mine had a phone with a touchscreen and it was terrible.....:

That's amazing. I'm in love.

It sucks I just bought a new $300 phone a couple months ago though.

I'm just waiting for the new 6G iPod now. :yes: Then my life will be complete.

Lancemc said:
That's amazing. I'm in love.

It sucks I just bought a new $300 phone a couple months ago though.

I'm just waiting for the new 6G iPod now. :yes: Then my life will be complete.

Well what about the 7G or 10G??? Life is never complete.

There are guys at Nokia and Motorola scrambling to get some new ideas on the drawing board today, for sure. The innovation isn't the fact that it's touchscreen - the innovation is that it's everything in one, and probably done with usual Apple elegance.

Canadiens1160 said:
Accelerometer = the thing inside the new Macbook laptops. It accurately senses movement. So its application in the laptops is to protect your data and shut down your hard drive as soon as it senses its being dropped.

As far as its application in the iPhone I have no idea. It does have GPS capability though so maybe its related to that.

Accelerometer- not as exciting as I'd hoped by it's name.

Man do i need GPS though

Don't you think the other manufacturers were pretty much expecting this. With the rumored touch screen ipod and the rumored ipod phone... this is it.

omg that iphone is SWEET!! :drool:

and it does look like cingular is the wireless carrier at least initially possibly cuz one of the above pics of the phone shows the logo on the screen. :hmm:

Not sure how that touchscreen will work out for dialing. I like the tactile feedback of pushing a button. Will try it out when it comes out.

I hope you can change the battery on it, other wise your going to be spending alot for another one.

ntalwar said:
Not sure how that touchscreen will work out for dialing. I like the tactile feedback of pushing a button. Will try it out when it comes out.

yea thats one of my concerns...I've yet to find a phone with a touchscreen that actually works......

apple could pull it off though....:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom