Google issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Hey guys-

Everytime I go to Google on Explorer I get rerouted to advertisement sites.

I type in a word like "fitness" or even "Ruth Chris Steaks" and I go to goofy sites.

What's up with that?

Help, please!

<>

Hey guys-

Everytime I go to Google on Explorer I get rerouted to advertisement sites.

I type in a word like "fitness" or even "Ruth Chris Steaks" and I go to goofy sites.

What's up with that?

Help, please!

<>

ruth chris steaks :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

-dan

I got Micro Trend Pro Securityfor 60.00 recently installed.

You think I should use the free one you posted Sicy, and it won't muck up Micro-Trend?

I don't want them dueling eachother.

<>

Run what you have first then run ad aware. Shouldnt be a problem.

They will duel and muck up each other if they are both running real time scans (if you paid for Trend Micro, I assume that it is, so disable the program before running anything else, even if it's not running a scan you initiated).

Right now our favorite freeware for spy/ad/male-ware removal is Malware Bytes.

Thank you for posting this.

My parents computer has been SO slow lately like literally taking 20 minutes open anything and giving them black screens occasionally :crack: so I ran adaware and a McAfee system scan on it but it was still slow and didnt seem to find any virus's just some spyware. After reading this I ran Malware Bytes and it found 60 trojans and now the computer is running MUCH faster. So :bow: Anything else I can run or do to make sure the virus's are gone and for the comp to run faster? I also ran ccleaner and plan on defragmenting.

Thank you for posting this.

My parents computer has been SO slow lately like literally taking 20 minutes open anything and giving them black screens occasionally :crack: so I ran adaware and a McAfee system scan on it but it was still slow and didnt seem to find any virus's just some spyware. After reading this I ran Malware Bytes and it found 60 trojans and now the computer is running MUCH faster. So :bow: Anything else I can run or do to make sure the virus's are gone and for the comp to run faster? I also ran ccleaner and plan on defragmenting.

Oh brilliant! My parents computer has the exact same problem! I promised them I'd try to fix it but I ran Adaware, CCleaner, AVG, and finally Advanced Systemcare but it's still incredibly slow. I'll try this program then! :)
Defragmenting is always good. My parents return from holidays monday so I plan to let it defragment either tonight or sunday night. That should help a good bit.

i have had this google problem and malware bytes and adaware will not get rid of it. I think a reinstall of XP is the only fix as i have other problems in xp anyways.

i have had this google problem and malware bytes and adaware will not get rid of it. I think a reinstall of XP is the only fix as i have other problems in xp anyways.

Your HOSTS file has been infected; thats why you're getting reroutes. You've go to use HijackThis (Trend Micro HijackThis - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com) [free] to get rid of reroutes.

Make sure you find out the name of the site that it reroutes you to. Be VERY careful using the application, you can mess up IE badly. Here's what to do:

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK
1) Using the Backup and Restore Wizard, make a backup of your computer.
2) Open the HijackThis.exe file
3) Click "AnalyzeThis"
4) Check the following entries
* HKLM\Software\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = (spam here)
* HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = (spam site here)
* HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = (spam site here)
4) Click Fixed Checked
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Thanks for all the input guys.

I've using Google Chrome and it seems to have done the trick, tempoarily anyway.

I will refer my wife Sally to this thread, she is the comp wiz in our family.

Thanks again.

:hug:

<>

They will duel and muck up each other if they are both running real time scans (if you paid for Trend Micro, I assume that it is, so disable the program before running anything else, even if it's not running a scan you initiated).

Thanks Lies, it worked.
I can't believe, I'm so happy.

It didn't come easy though. I removed Trend Micro and at first got hood winked into buying a similar product to Malware Bytes, and it it really pissed me off-30.00 down the drain-it did not work!

So, I tried again and added the correct free product-Malware Bytes and my comp is running perfect now-thanks.

Btw, I hope you got GA tics for your in law for the Rose Bowl.

Thanks again,

Dave
:hug:

Back
Top Bottom