Good video editing software for Windows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My wife and I have delved into the world of movie-making since the birth of our daughter last year. We've been using the Windows Movie Maker that comes with Vista, but our creative juices have pretty much exhausted all that WMM has to offer. ;) WMM isn't bad, but we'd like some more flexibility in terms of effects, graphic add-ons, video-in-video, etc.

Any thoughts on good video editing software? Ideally one that won't cost an arm and a leg, but if it's worth it, it's worth it.... Thanks!

Avid and Adobe Premiere Pro are the two best ones that I know of for Windows, but they may be a little expensive.

Thanks, LMF! Those look like they're pretty well out of our price range--$400 and $800 :ohmy:...though they look incredible! Saw on wikipedia that one of them was used in Superman Returns--maybe a little more than what we need. ;)

(hmm...if only the program could've made that movie less stupid....)

Some other apps to look into:

CyberLink PowerDirector 7 Ultra
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate
Adobe Premiere Elements
Ulead VideoStudio
Roxio Easy Media Creator

Thanks, LMF! Those look like they're pretty well out of our price range--$400 and $800 :ohmy:...though they look incredible! Saw on wikipedia that one of them was used in Superman Returns--maybe a little more than what we need. ;)

(hmm...if only the program could've made that movie less stupid....)

Haha, sorry. $400 isn't that much for that kind of software for the level of quality you are getting, but I totally understand where you are coming from.

ntalwar's suggestions are great as well, except Pinnacle. I despise Pinnacle.

I haven't used Pinnacle for years, and didn't like it either. The recent version won PC editor's choice, and Avid owns Pinnacle.

I used it about a year ago to try and edit a year-end project for my TV Production class, and it was a steaming pile of shit. If that's the case, then Avid's keeping all of the awesome to itself.

I got a Mac recently to use Final Cut... that program is the best.

People have recommended I use iMovie on my Mac (at work) or purchase Sony Vegas. To date I haven't yet tried either...

People have recommended I use iMovie on my Mac (at work) or purchase Sony Vegas. To date I haven't yet tried either...

iMovie's nothing special, really. It's not bad for a simple video job, but it's never thrilled me. I only used Vegas once a couple of years ago for about five minutes, so I can't say anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom