Good message board hosting site?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
I was asked to create a blog to coordinate donations of goods for a friend of my parents whose house just burned to the ground, but obviously a message board is better. I'm looking for recommendations for a free message board hosting site that would allow multiple mods (with easy formatting for mods who are in their 50s-60s and have limited computer abilities) and unregistered posting (easy access for would-be donators). Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have several, but they are installable features that come with the control panel for my websites. If you want maximum flexibility and no ads, you could purchase your own site. The best deal I know of is about $8 a month but the domain is free for life! You get 250 GB storage and 2500 GB monthly bandwidth (for comparison, I own alihewson.com which gets thousands of hits each day and my current provider only has 2GB storage and 30GB monthly bandwidth). If you're planning on any web related hobbies for the future, IMO having your own cyber-space is a great investment and for less than $10 a month, it's pocket change.

Otherwise, if you find nothing suitable for free and are desperate, I'd be happy to host a board for you where you'd have full control, no ads, and free.

Thanks all. I went with excoboard.com, free, easy, unregistereds can post, and it looks remarkably like interference...hmmm coincidence?

Liesje - thanks so much for the offer, but I think this will work.

Back
Top Bottom