General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean, if you dont like COD in the first place, then theres nothing thats going to make you like this one. But thats like saying "Hoegaarden is gross, dont buy it......oh, i dont like the taste of beer though". If you like multiplayer shooters, this game is amazing and 10x better than the last one. Whats not to like about remotely controlling the guns of an AC130 and bombing the shit out of other players?

I have nothing against COD and some of my favourite games are multiplayer shooters I just think the game is nothing to write home about :shrug: There's no point arguing about this I'm obviously not in the popular opinion when it comes COD

There's no point arguing about this I'm obviously not in the popular opinion when it comes COD

Not arguing :) you're obviously entitled to your opinion. I was more responding to Sad Punk by responding to you I guess. I just dont think you have to be a sheep to like this game is all

baaaaaaaaaa

Not arguing :) you're obviously entitled to your opinion. I was more responding to Sad Punk by responding to you I guess. I just dont think you have to be a sheep to like this game is all

baaaaaaaaaa

Yeah the sheep comment was a little too far, part of me still can't believe how much this game sold though :lol: Anyway I'm grateful it cleared stupid kids out of Gears 2 :wink:

Anyway I'm grateful it cleared stupid kids out of Gears 2 :wink:

crossarmsco2.gif

The only thing special about the multiplayer is that a lot of people are playing it, honestly there's nothing about it that's that great. I've never been a huge COD fan anyway, my friend has been trying to force this game on me since it came out; it's good but it's nothing I'm gonna rush out and buy. It's GTA4 all over again, over the top hype with a game that just fails to deliver on it; this game doesn't even come close to deserving to be the fastest selling game of all time

The worst part of this is you hating on GTA4.

I dig first-person shooters, and when it comes to a game that deals with pseudo-realism, I think MW2 nails it. I haven't played any of the previous games either.

Yeah the sheep comment was a little too far, part of me still can't believe how much this game sold though :lol: Anyway I'm grateful it cleared stupid kids out of Gears 2 :wink:

Hearing NSW being told to "eat balls" by a 10-year-old is my favorite experience on Live thus far.

Apparently theres a PS3 beta going right now. I gotta get my hands on a beta key. That game looks awesome

Seriously you didn't find GTA4 annoying? Those stupid phone calls all the time were just nerve grating, I want to play the game not be asked to go bowling every 10 minutes

No, because you could go and sim through it and then get back to what you wanted to do. Not that big of a deal.

What games do you normally play, John? You're into RPGs, aren't you?

RPGs are probably my favourite genre, but what I'm playing most these days is Gears 2, L4D and Rock Band/Beatles Rock Band. I've just become more into online games lately and most games that are single player just aren't doing it for me as much as they used to probably why I wasn't big into GTA4, nothing about its single player really dragged me in

No, because you could go and sim through it and then get back to what you wanted to do. Not that big of a deal.

I just felt that it has so many pointless features and so many of the better ones from San An were removed; it's probably the weakest since 2 to me.

I just felt that it has so many pointless features and so many of the better ones from San An were removed; it's probably the weakest since 2 to me.

Like COD, this is the only one in the series that I've played for longer than 5 minutes, so it delivers for me. You may be right about it in context to the rest of the series.

Got it yet, JT?

I'm semi tempted to get it on PS3 as well just to play with all the PS3 people here.

dooo it

i love it, but i haven't really gotten into multiplayer yet, but plan to do it up solid this weekend when, eh hem, the girlfriend is away for the weekend :shifty:

i don't know if we've been living with each other long enough for me to break out the headset and start talking shit to a 12 year old after i sniped his head off. maybe someday... for now i've just been working on the single player campaign... also so i can brush up on my COD skills since i hadn't played the last one in quite a while.

ok, so if there was one video game (XBOX 360) that i should get, what should it be?

a couple things:

- i don't have all the time in the world to play
- i'm not really into online co-op
- i like a good story
- i like amazing visuals
- i already have Fallout 3

Halo 3 and Bioshock are FPS with good stories and visual. Mass Effect is an RPG with a good story, ok visuals. Dead Space - good on both accounts, but visually, it probably won't blow you away. Ninja Gaiden II is very good and amazing too watch, as is Gears of War.

Right now I'm playing Brutal Legend which isn't great to look at, but it's funny as hell. And if you even vaguely like (or like to laugh @) HEAVY METAAAAAAAL it's a must have.

I may not be the best source for this though as I haven't played many games. Aside from those mentioned above, and some sports games...that's may be it.

Halo 3 and Bioshock are FPS with good stories and visual. Mass Effect is an RPG with a good story, ok visuals. Dead Space - good on both accounts, but visually, it probably won't blow you away. Ninja Gaiden II is very good and amazing too watch, as is Gears of War.

Right now I'm playing Brutal Legend which isn't great to look at, but it's funny as hell. And if you even vaguely like (or like to laugh @) HEAVY METAAAAAAAL it's a must have.

I may not be the best source for this though as I haven't played many games. Aside from those mentioned above, and some sports games...that's may be it.

thanks. i saw that IGN rated Mass Effect the best XBOX360 game out there.

Bioshock was an insanely good game. The kind of game that you're sad to finish because its so awesome. My roommate even liked watching me play because the story was so cool. I'd say if you havent played it yet, you should pick it up. you might be able to get it for cheap too since its been out for a couple years.

I'd written a huge response about Modern Warfare 2's quality being considerably more than "hype only", but tried to post it right after the forums dropped, and it was lost. I'm too lazy to try to re-write it.

Imperor never plays at the same time as I do.

One thing that really impresses me with the multiplayer is the attention to detail. I like how you can see the predator, ac130 and other planes flying up above, rather than just being in the clouds somewhere. Its really cool watching a missile being launched from them and seeing the smoke trail head toward the ground before the massive explosion... After writing that, it makes me feel like a 5 year old who is super impressed by big explosions, but I dont care. its cool, okay? okay???

I love using the rocket launchers to take UAVs, helicopters, harriers, etc. out. Similar to JT, I like it when things blow up.

JT, your post reminds me of the Spec Ops levels with the AC-130 and the helicopter. Have you done those yet? It's awesome to be the guy on the ground and look up at your buddy in the sky lighting up all the guys around you. I'd done the helicopter one before from the helicopter seat, and my buddy I'd done that level with couldn't remember it and wanted to try it from the helicopter last night. I had a blast just staring up at the chopper most of the time. As JT said, the details are crazy (shadows from the helicopter going over you if it's above you, empty casings falling from the minigun, etc).

I did the special ops for the first time yesterday. so cool! The only vehicle level was the AC130. I'll have to give the helicopter a go as well. It really is like nothing else I've played though. I hear theyre coming out with DLC for spec ops very soon too.

Oh, and mikal, you should definitely check out Batman Arkham Asylum too. It was tons of fun

i finished the single player campaign last night... the story kinda didn't make much sense but, as previously stated, bells, whistles and big explosions make me go woooooooo, so it was pretty awesome.

now it's time to focus on multiplayer... i think i only played 2 team deathmatches on multiplayer so far (on ps3) and i noticed that there aren't many players online yet. is this just because i'm still on a noob level?

i finished the single player campaign last night... the story kinda didn't make much sense but, as previously stated, bells, whistles and big explosions make me go woooooooo, so it was pretty awesome.

now it's time to focus on multiplayer... i think i only played 2 team deathmatches on multiplayer so far (on ps3) and i noticed that there aren't many players online yet. is this just because i'm still on a noob level?

Could be. There have been a ton of people online whenever I play. Whats your PSN name again? Are you The Moon is Up? or something along those lines?

I did the special ops for the first time yesterday. so cool! The only vehicle level was the AC130. I'll have to give the helicopter a go as well. It really is like nothing else I've played though. I hear theyre coming out with DLC for spec ops very soon too.

Oh, and mikal, you should definitely check out Batman Arkham Asylum too. It was tons of fun

i saw the review for Batman. how's the storyline. is the whole game just in that building or does Batman get to roam around Gotham too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom