General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's ok, it'll probably take all of us a month to ever actually arrange a time where we'll play games together anyways (since it still hasn't happened on PS3, nor has Beav joined NSW and I on Gears 2).

I need some Batman in my life, ASAP. I'm getting a little too desensitized by all these war games.

Have you played this yet?

box.jpg

U2popMofo, I created an Interference Death Squad clan. You should have an invite. I disbanded the blue crack one. We gotta get this killing orgy on the road

Have you played this yet?

box.jpg

:lol:

True story: One I walked into a Game Stop and overheard these two young teenage boys browsing through games. One of them picked this game up and the other said, "Wow, The DaVinci Code. That has to be the saddest game ever. Who approved this?"

Good lord. When they first showed Peach's face, I thought they pulled the old switcheroo on us. I'm surprised she wasnt first choice to play mario

http://www.examiner.com/x-12218-Providence-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m8d31-Firmware-300-Live

As promised, Sony just released firmware 3.0 for the PS3. Revealed during their GamesCom conference a couple weeks back, Sony really plans on showcasing some new ideas with this newest firmware and improving current features, too.
Newly introduced will be a new ‘What’s New’ status bar. This bar will show you news, new releases, and your recently played games. This new feature will be located under the PlayStation Network icon. Also new to the scene is a status indicator. This indicator will show your user icon, friend icon, number of friends you have online, messages, and alert you when you get a new message.

On the cosmetic side of things, your list of friends will receive an overhaul. With a slightly redesigned format, your list will look much sleeker. Themes will also be getting a complete makeover. Introducing new interactive themes, your background will be lively and look like a game in itself with the dynamic themes Sony will be making available. Tonight, we should be seeing two themes available. The LBP theme is up for purchase for $2.99.

Turn your PS3 on because it's time to download the latest and greatest firmware update.

:shocked: I think I just shit myself. That looks so awesome. I cant wait. My COD4 disc must have a groove nearly burned through it by now

Did you watch all the way until the end? They show off a new perk (and match improvement) right at the end.

I did watch till the end. Very cool. And a cool looking map too. Whats the deal with the match improvement though? I understand not wanting to lag, but how often in a match is it going to stop to optimize? Do other games do that?

Oh wait, I see what happened. The host bailed and it switched over rather than aborting the match. Man, that would save SO much frustration

It's funny how many games being made right now are going to be based in Rio. It's like every game developer decided to all watch City of God at the same time or something.

hahahahahaha. Keyboard cat is awesome. The first one is still the best.....too bad cnn had to go and ruin him :(

I just finished Batman Arkham Asylum. Holy shit, what an awesome game! I had no idea how twisted it was. Sounds like Two Face might be the enemy in the next one?

Sheesh, I'm still relatively early into it, but I've enjoyed what I've played. Glad to hear it's good throughout. My commitment to video games has been lacking lately, though ODST will be purchased at midnight next week to make up for it. :cool:

By the way, there was a non-manditory update for the PS3 operating system yesterday, not sure what it did.

hmmm, not sure. I know there was a complete update about a week ago. I havent updated since then. I heard they were tweaking the 3.0 or whatever the last one was. a few complaints about the friends list looking like shit. maybe thats what it was?

So ive never wanted to go back in a game ive already completed and collect the items I'd missed, but I'm doing that on Batman right now. Its gotta be one of the most fun games ive played

Yeah, the thing that came out yesterday is 3.1. Just manually click on system update and you'll download it.

Very cool, guess I need to play more Batman then.

FYI, apparently a new multiplayer beta is out for Uncharted 2 if you've preordered it at Gamestop. I'm tempted to go put down $5 so I can play the beta. (I think a demo will be open to everyone in a few weeks, not sure if it's exactly the same as the beta or not)

I might have to preorder Uncharted as well. From what I hear, the multiplayer demo is insanely loaded. Its nearly the complete multiplayer you get on the actual release

FYI, apparently a new multiplayer beta is out for Uncharted 2 if you've preordered it at Gamestop.

It's great. :cool:

JT, did you see there's some free DLC for Batman?

Elfa, Fallout DLC for PS3 next week? I think you're finally going to have to download an update for it to work though, hippy.

I'm really looking forward to Uncharted 2 now, hopefully all of you PS3 scoundrels pick it up. Finally a PS3 game with an actual multiplayer lobby so you can bring your friends in and play together. So far, I think I like the coop stuff more than the versus stuff. Then again, it could be because I was playing against people who've been doing nothing other than the demo, and slaughtered our entire team. Both will be fun though.

JT, did you see there's some free DLC for Batman?

The Joker challenge thingies? I havent downloaded them yet, but I plan to. I still cant believe how awesome that game is. I've been replaying the shit out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom