General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I played Killzone for about 2 hours last night and got my ass kicked pretty good :lol:

JT do you invert the X or Y Axis? Several "gamers" I talk to swear by this but I can't seem to get the hang of it :slant:

I am now set up on the PS Network, my username is Nat_Ian - my wife's and my first name, original, I know...

NSW, one thing to remember when you first use your controller or you switch back and forth with your BD remote is to press the little Playstation button first - the system takes a couple seconds and then recognizes your controller.

ok, I played Killzone for about 2 hours last night and got my ass kicked pretty good :lol:

JT do you invert the X or Y Axis? Several "gamers" I talk to swear by this but I can't seem to get the hang of it :slant:

I am now set up on the PS Network, my username is Nat_Ian - my wife's and my first name, original, I know...

NSW, one thing to remember when you first use your controller or you switch back and forth with your BD remote is to press the little Playstation button first - the system takes a couple seconds and then recognizes your controller.

Nope, I just leave it as it is. I'm far from a hardcore gamer though. Tiger Edge saw me shit the bed a few times on COD4 last night. I remember Goldeneye used to have an inverted y axis. it felt normal at the time, but I tried to play it again a couple months ago and I felt retarded.
I'll add you to psn later on today

No way, you're ten times better than I am.

Also, I just got a mic and I'm pretty sure my bird was annoying the fuck out of people. I took it off my ear for a bit and got a bunch of angry "WTF IS GOING ON WITH YOUR MIC" messages.
I'm gonna have to cart Bird (yes, his name is Bird) out every time I want to play. :reject:

I can see why some said the final mission is annoying. I certainly died and swore a lot, but I guess I've played worse, so I shouldn't complain too much. I'm not sure why so many great games incorporate such "un-fun" endings. I was fine with it up until the part where I actually had to fight the final guy by himself, I had a sniper rifle equipped, and had to keep running away and try to pick something else up without him just killing me immediately, that sucked (I missed getting the trophy for killing him in under 20 minutes by 4 seconds.... Seriously, 4 seconds. :angry: ). The parts before that final scene were great though, the mech part and the very first part of that last level were both awesome. I'm even tempted to play through the game again, at least some of the parts where I missed certain trophies. Fun game, look forward to trying the multiplayer out.

By the way, thanks for adding me as a friend last night. Oh, wait...

Can you do the skirmish modes against bots with your friends online? If so, that may be a good way to practice a little so as to not get completely slaughtered online. I'll buy a headset on the way home from work today, and we can try that out if you guys are online tonight.

I still need to get a headset as well

Playing video games with NSW isn't half as fun if you can't hear popular songs bastardized to include lyrics about shooting and killing (my favorite being, "The Moon Is Up and shooting a sniper rifle. See the bullets go in between their eyes"). I guess you can probably hear him over the speakers if you don't have a mic, that's how Xbox Live works at least.

this will be my first online experience so I have no idea how this works...

halo_teabag.gif

We'll all need to get Uncharted 2 when it comes out, as it's multiplayer looks to be very fun (and somewhat GOW-esque for NSW).

CoD4 has like 5 different sniper rifles you can choose from. :flirt:

Plus you can attach a scope to all the assault rifles as well. :wave:

CoD4 has like 5 different sniper rifles you can choose from. :flirt:

Plus you can attach a scope to all the assault rifles as well. :wave:

The people that play Gears with me are probably a little sick of hearing me count, out loud, the number of people I kill with headshots. Sick of it, and maybe slightly worried by it.

5 sniper rifles, good lord.

Don't buy COD4, wait for the sequel that'll be out in a few months.

Also, you'll probably be better getting it on the 360 instead... :shh:

:angry:

I got mine on the cheap from Amazon. I was getting a little tired of GTA4 online play.

Then again I'm on a two year PS3 lag. I'll be getting the sequel sometime in 2011.

I think that when a game is released for both consoles, I'll roll with the Xbox version just due to my comfort level with the controller, and the online play, from everything I'm told, is just better on Live than the PSN. Then again, if more idiot friends/stalkers of mine buy a cool game for PS3, I'll just go that route.

:angry:

I got mine on the cheap from Amazon. I was getting a little tired of GTA4 online play.

Then again I'm on a two year PS3 lag. I'll be getting the sequel sometime in 2011.

I never really played GTA4 online, except for a 30 minute session with YLB. I do know, though, that I had a fucking blast when I was playing GTA4, be it playing out the storyline or just going on city-wide murder rampages.

It was the only game I had for a couple of months. I think I made it to rank 8 in record time.
It's really fun though. I want to begin playing it again now that I have a headset. :shh: paging Canadiens :shh:

It was the only game I had for a couple of months. I think I made it to rank 8 in record time.
It's really fun though. I want to begin playing it again now that I have a headset. :shh: paging Canadiens :shh:

If I can find it for a not too insane price, I'll pick it up for PS3 if you don't mind my playing with you. Like Scumbo, I don't want to start owning multiple copies of the same game, but in this case I'm willing since the game is so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom