General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't set up an online account yet :reject:

I've never played a game online before :reject: I never tried Heavenly Sword but I'll probably check it out at some point. LBP is cool but I actually think it's more fun if you get a bunch of friends together for multiplayer.

WTF is wrong with you? If I get the PS3 and some new multi-player game comes out that we all buy, we're playing online. Fucking Canadians.

I haven't set up an online account yet :reject:

I've never played a game online before :reject:

I was in the same boat about 8 months ago. I didnt realize that PSN was free and there was no way I was paying to play games online....then I signed up. Its as addictive as pcp (so i hear). I hadnt played COD4 in about a year, then tried it online. Now I play it more than any of my new games. You should sign up man. It doesnt cost anything, so you have nothing to lose....except your free time and some sleep I suppose

I am planning on doing it at some point - I can't wait to be humiliated by 13 year olds and NSW :up:

If I go ahead and buy this thing, you more or less have to step up and do it. And, I'm gonna buy it soon, I can feel it. Then, I'll need games that are exclusive to the system. MLB 2009 will be first, likely. Then, uhoh, I need to replace certain DVDs with their Blu-Ray counterparts. Sigh.

If I go ahead and buy this thing, you more or less have to step up and do it. And, I'm gonna buy it soon, I can feel it. Then, I'll need games that are exclusive to the system. MLB 2009 will be first, likely. Then, uhoh, I need to replace certain DVDs with their Blu-Ray counterparts. Sigh.

I really want to get NHL 09 when it drops in price - I realize this makes me a sterotypical Canadian...

deal, Beav and I wanted to have a competition to make the worst teams - Islanders vs Leafs... It would have been awesome.

I assume that more than 2 people can play NHL '09 in multiplayer at once, yes? So, you, Beav, me and a 4th can play...Beav and I are both Islander fans so that's perfect. We can be the 1980 or 81 or 82 or 83 Islanders.

I wish.

What sort of game is Killzone 2?

I really want me a great baseball game.

ya, fps. Its easily one of the best looking games around. I'm a bit of a graphics whore.

I'm not sure what the good baseball games are. The only sports games I have are Madden 08 and Fight Night Round 3. they should make an online sports game where you have to option for one real person per player on the team. I guess it would be hard to get games together, but it would be pretty cool if it worked. My roommate plays NHL on xbox all the time, but the single player mode where you just use one of the players. I think its career mode. I dont understand how it can be fun to sit on the bench between shifts and watch the game being played by the computer

ya, fps. Its easily one of the best looking games around. I'm a bit of a graphics whore.

I'm not sure what the good baseball games are. The only sports games I have are Madden 08 and Fight Night Round 3. they should make an online sports game where you have to option for one real person per player on the team. I guess it would be hard to get games together, but it would be pretty cool if it worked

MLB 09: The Show is supposed to be amazing.

do you guys remember Baseball Stars for the original nintendo? If MLB 09 is anywhere near as fun as that game was, I'll have to pick it up.

Well, Xbox has what exclusives?

Halo and Gears obviously, what else do they have?

Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Fable, Splinter Cell, Project Gotham, Forza, Crackdown, Mech Warrior, etc.

The vast majority of those, while not big names outside 360 owners, have still outsold the most popular PS3 games :shh:

Other than Kill Zone 2 and the Uncharted series, there's not much I'm interested in exclusive wise on the PS3, honestly. I still suspect I'll spend 80-90% of my gaming time on 360.

Seriously though, If you're in as well, NSW, I'll pick one up this weekend or whenever you're going to.

You better set up an online account so we can be "friends" on whatever Sony's online network is called, Elfa, or I'll wage a one man war against Canada. Let's just say that you might find a "dirty bomb" burning on your porch.

Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Fable, Splinter Cell, Project Gotham, Forza, Crackdown, Mech Warrior, etc.

Oh ya, Left 4 Dead. I'm also jealous of that one. Mass Effect looks pretty cool too. Arent there rumours the new one might be coming to PS3 or am I thinking of a different game?

you arent interested in tearing off Helios' noggin and using his flaming eyeballs for a flashlight?

YouTube - God Of War 3: Helios Loses His Head HQ

Unless it's far more forgiving in difficulty than the recent Ninja Gaidens were, I usually steer clear of those types of games so that I don't end up hurting myself or someone else in anger. :wink:

How does that series play? Same general idea, or is it easier to pull off moves and not as unforgiving if you don't master the controls?

So do you play Killzone 2 online, Jive?

Well, I had a gamecube before I had ps3 :reject: so I've never played any of the other God of War games. I assume it plays similar to Heavenly Sword which wasnt too hard and was a lot of fun. I get frustrated when games are overly difficult too. I've never played Ninja Gaiden, so I guess I wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom