General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So........ if I was to consider getting a PS3, is the 160 gig bundled with Uncharted the way to go, or are the extra 80 gigs and the old game not worth an extra $100?

yeah....so Fallout 3.....awesome! can't wait to beat it and then go back and play it as an asshole.

i'm not very far in the game, just got to Capital Wasteland to put the radio satellite back up for GNR. without telling me, are there some good twists in the story ahead? does the map expand (other cool places to visit)?

I'm glad you like it so far! :hi5:

that's the great thing about it - there are a ton of side quests not related to the main story so you can litterly wander around for days doing whatever the hell you feel like.

The map is pretty huge as well.

So........ if I was to consider getting a PS3, is the 160 gig bundled with Uncharted the way to go, or are the extra 80 gigs and the old game not worth an extra $100?

I really liked Uncharted but I can't say if it's worth the extra $$... Same goes for the extra 80 gbs, I have an 80 gb and have not encountered any space issues so far or a reason you would need 160.

I've noticed Best Buy here in Canada likes to run promos with the 80 gb every couple of weeks with a different game, so if it's the same in the US and you are not dying to pick it up right away (I'm assuming you're not) it might be worth waiting...

I hired Fallout 3 for a few days and you guys aren't wrong, it's incredible. Most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Will be sure to buy a copy when I've got the money. In the meantime, I remembered that I never finished GTA4, so that's my lot for now.

I loved GTA4. The bank robbery, just wow.

The only thing that could have made it better...

Heat---Val-Kilmer-Photograph-C10035123.jpeg

You know, Scumbo, for me, the action is the juice.

I'm back into GOW, by the way. Played last night and was so outrageously deadly with the sniper rifle that Microsoft e-mailed me and begged not to waste my talents on other games.

yeah....so Fallout 3.....awesome! can't wait to beat it and then go back and play it as an asshole.

i'm not very far in the game, just got to Capital Wasteland to put the radio satellite back up for GNR. without telling me, are there some good twists in the story ahead? does the map expand (other cool places to visit)?
Well, you turn out to be the bad guy, the kid turns out to be your mother, and all those scenes you thought were flashbacks are actually in the present and you're playing in the future.

You know, Scumbo, for me, the action is the juice.

I'm back into GOW, by the way. Played last night and was so outrageously deadly with the sniper rifle that Microsoft e-mailed me and begged not to waste my talents on other games.

heat-pacino-great-ass.jpg

I figure if I was to get one, I'd probably only be picking up PS3 exclusives on it for the most part. Not really sure if I even want to play Metal Gear though, as it looks like the kind of game that would be more frustrating than entertaining for me personally.

It's one giant cut-scene from what I have heard, have you played any of the previous ones?

Not since the original Nintendo. The gameplay itself is what looks like it would bother me, but I'm sure I'd be completely lost from the cutscenes as well.

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trooooowwwwwser!!!!!

New GOW2 stuff tomorrow. *revs chainsaw*

I'm also done with Mass Effect (I think). I'll log on with GOW2 one of these nights and if you're not too scared of giving me a total beatdown cause I really suck at FPS, especially on line FPS, then I'm in.

It's a 3rd person shooter, so maybe you'll be ok. :wink:

NSW and I usually play Horde mode anyway, which is against AI and not other players, so you should be fine.

Oh, yeah, you're right. You do see the guy as you move him around. I forgot about that. How is the campaign on that? I wasn't too crazy about GoW1, and then after a few hours, I was totally into it.

I kinda want an HDTV. I noticed that when I play Mass Effect I can't read the subtitles cause they're all fuzzy. Or maybe they just look fuzzy cause I'm illiterate? Hm. Either way, I think I finally am succumbing to the HDTV bug.

Oh, yeah, you're right. You do see the guy as you move him around. I forgot about that. How is the campaign on that? I wasn't too crazy about GoW1, and then after a few hours, I was totally into it.

I kinda want an HDTV. I noticed that when I play Mass Effect I can't read the subtitles cause they're all fuzzy. Or maybe they just look fuzzy cause I'm illiterate? Hm. Either way, I think I finally am succumbing to the HDTV bug.

They'll be much easier to read with an HDTV (especially if it's a large one). I've heard similar complaints from other people with standard definition TVs, I guess the developers make the game for HD and don't realize things like that will be difficult to see on standard def. Plus, the graphics will look mindblowingly better on an HDTV.

I liked the first GOW quite a bit, but the 2's campaign is much better in my opinion. I need to play through it again sometime. I keep telling NSW we need to play through it in coop, but it never happens.

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!!!!!!!!!!!

roflcopter.gif

Not since the original Nintendo. The gameplay itself is what looks like it would bother me, but I'm sure I'd be completely lost from the cutscenes as well.

I still have that game somewhere, those were the days...

I find it humorous that you buy a 24" Mac but you are still using an old tv to play games... How old is your daughter now? I have heard that very young children and HDTVs do not mix.

I liked the first GOW quite a bit, but the 2's campaign is much better in my opinion. I need to play through it again sometime. I keep telling NSW we need to play through it in coop, but it never happens.

Yeah, and he also ignores messages to play together, too.

What's on the update for GOW 2?

I figure if I was to get one, I'd probably only be picking up PS3 exclusives on it for the most part. Not really sure if I even want to play Metal Gear though, as it looks like the kind of game that would be more frustrating than entertaining for me personally.

I finished it about a month ago. Its a good game with some really cool parts, but the cutscenes are REALLY frustrating. I shit you not, I turned it on one night and finished off a mission that I had been stuck on. It took me less than 5 minutes to finish the mission, then the cut scenes started. 45 minutes later I was still watching the cutscene. I just wanted to play for a little bit before bed, but didnt want to skip the cutscenes or else I'd have no idea what was going on. It was retarded and annoying. I completed the game late one night about 2 weeks after I bought it and decided to go to bed and watch the final cutscene later(which i hear is over an hour long). that was a month ago and I still havent gotten around to watching it. I think i just didnt care that much about the story line. And I played Metal Gear Online just once and wasnt impressed at all. Plus, you have to sign up for 2 different accounts that are separate from the PSN account. Even just doing that takes forever. Anyway, if you dont mind watching more than you're playing, then go ahead and get it. If you prefer to play your games, I'd recommend staying away. I mean, you dont need half hour long cutscenes to tell a story. Uncharted is one of my favourite PS3 games. the gameplay is fun, the cut scenes are interesting and no over long, and I actually cared about the characters. By contrast MGS4 comes off as very self important and self indulgent

Beav, what's your Xbox Live gamertag? I'm U2, pleez add. (let me know if you're adding though, as I get literally dozens of friend invites per month from people I don't know just because they think my gamertag is somehow actually related to U2 because of Live's "game with fame" crap)

Wow, I didn't know the cutscenes were really that bad. 45 min cutscene?! That's crazy. Yeah, one of the reasons I'm kinda thinking about possibly picking up a PS3 is for Uncharted 2, so I figure I'd want to play the first one before it comes out. Killzone 2 is the other game that interests me quite a bit. Jive, do you agree or disagree with Elfa on whether or not the extra $100 is worth it for the extra 80 gigs on the hard drive?

I've only got a 40 gig harddrive and I havent had any problems. But then again, I dont have any downloadable games or DLCs. I guess it all depends on how much content you're planning on downloading. I would think 80 gigs is plenty though. And Uncharted should be Greatest Hits soon, so you could probably pick it up for cheap. but definitely play it before the new one. I have the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta and its really good.....Killzone 2 is also a great game. The single player is amazing and the multiplayer is also pretty solid. I still prefer COD because its a little more tactical, but Killzone is a lot of fun in its own right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom