General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sick of people placing more importance in their own children than to Elfa and myself.

There's a Bioshock/Elder Scrolls double pack coming out soon, elfa, if you want to wait.

Turns out that this double pack has a really huge downside that doesn't make it worth it. While the Oblivion "Game of the Year" release includes the expansion packs, this one is just the original Oblivion game. Looking at the prices of the "Game of the Year" edition and Bioshock individually, it's really not much more expensive than the price of the double pack--and with the expansion packs costing (I presume) $10 each, it's probably more expensive to go that route.

Turns out that this double pack has a really huge downside that doesn't make it worth it. While the Oblivion "Game of the Year" release includes the expansion packs, this one is just the original Oblivion game. Looking at the prices of the "Game of the Year" edition and Bioshock individually, it's really not much more expensive than the price of the double pack--and with the expansion packs costing (I presume) $10 each, it's probably more expensive to go that route.

Oh, wasn't aware of that. Glad I didn't go through with the purchase then. Thanks for the info.

:waiting:

Fallout 3 Downloadable Content on PSN

Posted by Ashley Cheng // Production Director, Bethesda Softworks

Hello PlayStation fans. I’m Ashley Cheng, a producer at Bethesda Game Studios, here to give everyone an update on when Fallout 3 DLC will be available via PlayStation Network.

We’re excited and eager to bring Fallout 3 DLC to PSN. Unfortunately, the content is going to be releasing later than originally expected. Our DLC expands on the original game tremendously — each DLC offering 4-6 hours of additional content — and is no trivial undertaking.

So when can you expect Fallout 3 DLC? We are knee deep in testing at the moment, and we’re hoping to have the first DLC out by the end of September. That long? Keep in mind that not only do we need to test each DLC on PS3, we also need to test each DLC when used in conjunction with each of the other DLC, as well as all of them together, along with the entire original game.

I do have good news! We have decided that Broken Steel will be the first release since it is easily the most requested DLC from our fans. Broken Steel allows you to continue playing the game after completing the Main Quest, raises the level cap to 30, and includes 4-6 hours of additional gameplay. It is also the one DLC that requires you to finish the Main Quest from the game to play the new content. Regardless of whether you’ve completed the Main Quest, the level cap will already be raised and higher level characters will begin encountering some of the new enemies in the Capital Wasteland. For the release of Broken Steel and the other DLCs, we’ll release a new update for the game.

After Broken Steel, we’ll be releasing Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt shortly thereafter, probably at the same time – just to get them out to you as soon as we can. After that we’ll have Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta available as soon as we can, so that the wait between DLC is as short as possible. Once we release Broken Steel, we’ll have a better idea when the other DLC will be coming and will let you know specifics.

We hope you enjoy Fallout 3’s DLC. Thank you for your patience. They’ll be here before you know it.

Fallout 3 Downloadable Content on PSN - PlayStation.Blog

:waiting:

I like it. It's long, like all Bioware games. Kinda like Knights of the Old Republic, but in space...uhh...in the Milky Way. And no light sabers. You have these funky Jedi like powers in Mass Effect that I can't seem to get to actually do anything, so I mostly just run around shooting people. But it's fun. Good story, I guess.

NSW's going to be really pissed when I go out and buy NCAA 10 instead of Gears of War 2 here in a bit/

mikal, did you get your xbox fixed?

I want to know if Scumbo and I have to kick you in the nuts or not...

lol. yeah, i get it back on Monday after the 3 red lights killed it. still haven't played Fallout 3 yet because the red lights happened before i got the chance to play.

This interests me:

YouTube - E32008 - Ubisoft I Am Alive Trailer

From Wikipedia:

I Am Alive is an upcoming action and survival video game by Ubisoft to be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows. The game takes place in post-apocalyptic Chicago after a major-scale earthquake, and tells the story of a man named Adam CollinsThe game was announced at the end of Ubisoft's E3 2008 conference.

The plot focuses on Adam's life during the aftermath of a 10.3 magnitude earthquake, which shatters his life as a citizen, while the rest of the world is under a water crisis. The rescue team fails to arrive, Adam gets caught in chaos that gets worse by the hour. Chicago has been cut off from the outside world. Adam sets up a refugee camp in the ruins of Chicago to attract the government's attention. The player will need to find resources, organize survivors and search for Adam's girlfriend, Alice. In the midst of Chicago’s ruins, the player will have to survive for nine days.

After, what, 7 months, I'm finally starting to tire of Gears of War 2.

I started Fallout 3 on three different occasions but just cannot get into it, no idea why. I loved Oblivion.

Have some older games sitting on the shelf that I've yet to play.....the first Bioshock, Force Unleashed and a few others...not sure which to play.

After, what, 7 months, I'm finally starting to tire of Gears of War 2.

I started Fallout 3 on three different occasions but just cannot get into it, no idea why. I loved Oblivion.

Have some older games sitting on the shelf that I've yet to play.....the first Bioshock, Force Unleashed and a few others...not sure which to play.

Sit GOW2 on the shelf until the new DLC comes out, and we can play some then. Maybe just giving yourself more of a break from it will make playing from time to time fun.

Fallout 3 seems to take until you're about 5-6 hrs into it to finally "suck you in". You may just need to do some other quests than what you're doing or explore some other locations than what you've seen. Who knows, maybe it's just not for you, or you've just not been in the mood. Bioshock actually was like that for me. I played through the first third of the game, and wasn't really enjoying it. Started playing it again a year later, and absolutely loved it.

Was Fable 2 one of the games you still have? I picked that up and played through it, and had a lot of fun with it. It's nothing too complicated or mind blowing, but I thought it was a lot of fun. I assume that Star Wars game would be pretty fun as well. As I mentioned before, while I ended up loving Bioshock, I didn't like it much at all at first, so it may or may not suck you in immediately. Who knows.

I started Fable 2 as well, but also could not get into it.

Good advice for Fallout, but I really have played a decent amount. It's not that I disliked it, I just was not hooked like I was with Oblivion. I might go back to it eventually.

I have played Gears just once in the last 4 weeks. I can wait for the DLC to come out before playing again. I have 2 coworkers who are addicts and are good so we were playing a lot before I split for Europe.

I actually played again a few times while you were in Europe, as you can now level up playing Horde. I hadn't played for a while, and it was fun to come back to. I'm sure if you take a break or something, you'd enjoy it again later.

Well, I was away for 16 days, that's a pretty long break.

I suspect that if I played today or tomorrow I'd be back into it. I think I prefer Horde lately, too.

If I see you on there tonight, I'll log on.

You could also pick up Ghostbusters and trap some douchey ghosts with LeMac and I.

That could work, doubly so since the game play is the same as GOW so the learning curve would not be steep.

I am gonna watch the Yanks tonight and sign on afterwards, so, around 9:30 my time.

If I see you on there tonight, I'll log on.

You could also pick up Ghostbusters and trap some douchey ghosts with LeMac and I.

Yes, you should. Watch out for the fucking clown ghosts though.

That could work, doubly so since the game play is the same as GOW so the learning curve would not be steep.

I am gonna watch the Yanks tonight and sign on afterwards, so, around 9:30 my time.

And Bioshock is an absolute blast.

The addition of actual video of Erin Andrews to NCAA 10 makes the game pay for itself. Now if only it didn't have fucking Crabs on the cover.

And I will happily run amok on any of you who get the game, if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom