General Video Game Discussion - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #946
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:44 AM
I'm came home from college to find that my brothers purchased an XBox.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #947
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I'm came home from college
God help us....

Old 11-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #948
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Got it yet, JT?

I'm semi tempted to get it on PS3 as well just to play with all the PS3 people here.
dooo it

i love it, but i haven't really gotten into multiplayer yet, but plan to do it up solid this weekend when, eh hem, the girlfriend is away for the weekend

i don't know if we've been living with each other long enough for me to break out the headset and start talking shit to a 12 year old after i sniped his head off. maybe someday... for now i've just been working on the single player campaign... also so i can brush up on my COD skills since i hadn't played the last one in quite a while.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #949
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:44 AM
ok, so if there was one video game (XBOX 360) that i should get, what should it be?

a couple things:

- i don't have all the time in the world to play
- i'm not really into online co-op
- i like a good story
- i like amazing visuals
- i already have Fallout 3
Old 11-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #950
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Halo 3 and Bioshock are FPS with good stories and visual. Mass Effect is an RPG with a good story, ok visuals. Dead Space - good on both accounts, but visually, it probably won't blow you away. Ninja Gaiden II is very good and amazing too watch, as is Gears of War.

Right now I'm playing Brutal Legend which isn't great to look at, but it's funny as hell. And if you even vaguely like (or like to laugh @) HEAVY METAAAAAAAL it's a must have.

I may not be the best source for this though as I haven't played many games. Aside from those mentioned above, and some sports games...that's may be it.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #951
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
Halo 3 and Bioshock are FPS with good stories and visual. Mass Effect is an RPG with a good story, ok visuals. Dead Space - good on both accounts, but visually, it probably won't blow you away. Ninja Gaiden II is very good and amazing too watch, as is Gears of War.

Right now I'm playing Brutal Legend which isn't great to look at, but it's funny as hell. And if you even vaguely like (or like to laugh @) HEAVY METAAAAAAAL it's a must have.

I may not be the best source for this though as I haven't played many games. Aside from those mentioned above, and some sports games...that's may be it.
thanks. i saw that IGN rated Mass Effect the best XBOX360 game out there.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #952
ONE
love, blood, life

Bioshock was an insanely good game. The kind of game that you're sad to finish because its so awesome. My roommate even liked watching me play because the story was so cool. I'd say if you havent played it yet, you should pick it up. you might be able to get it for cheap too since its been out for a couple years.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #953
Blue Meth Addict

I'd written a huge response about Modern Warfare 2's quality being considerably more than "hype only", but tried to post it right after the forums dropped, and it was lost. I'm too lazy to try to re-write it.

Imperor never plays at the same time as I do.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #954
ONE
love, blood, life

One thing that really impresses me with the multiplayer is the attention to detail. I like how you can see the predator, ac130 and other planes flying up above, rather than just being in the clouds somewhere. Its really cool watching a missile being launched from them and seeing the smoke trail head toward the ground before the massive explosion... After writing that, it makes me feel like a 5 year old who is super impressed by big explosions, but I dont care. its cool, okay? okay???
Old 11-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #955
Blue Meth Addict

I love using the rocket launchers to take UAVs, helicopters, harriers, etc. out. Similar to JT, I like it when things blow up.

JT, your post reminds me of the Spec Ops levels with the AC-130 and the helicopter. Have you done those yet? It's awesome to be the guy on the ground and look up at your buddy in the sky lighting up all the guys around you. I'd done the helicopter one before from the helicopter seat, and my buddy I'd done that level with couldn't remember it and wanted to try it from the helicopter last night. I had a blast just staring up at the chopper most of the time. As JT said, the details are crazy (shadows from the helicopter going over you if it's above you, empty casings falling from the minigun, etc).
Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #956
ONE
love, blood, life

I did the special ops for the first time yesterday. so cool! The only vehicle level was the AC130. I'll have to give the helicopter a go as well. It really is like nothing else I've played though. I hear theyre coming out with DLC for spec ops very soon too.

Oh, and mikal, you should definitely check out Batman Arkham Asylum too. It was tons of fun
Old 11-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #957
Blue Crack Distributor

i finished the single player campaign last night... the story kinda didn't make much sense but, as previously stated, bells, whistles and big explosions make me go woooooooo, so it was pretty awesome.

now it's time to focus on multiplayer... i think i only played 2 team deathmatches on multiplayer so far (on ps3) and i noticed that there aren't many players online yet. is this just because i'm still on a noob level?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #958
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
i finished the single player campaign last night... the story kinda didn't make much sense but, as previously stated, bells, whistles and big explosions make me go woooooooo, so it was pretty awesome.

now it's time to focus on multiplayer... i think i only played 2 team deathmatches on multiplayer so far (on ps3) and i noticed that there aren't many players online yet. is this just because i'm still on a noob level?
Could be. There have been a ton of people online whenever I play. Whats your PSN name again? Are you The Moon is Up? or something along those lines?
Old 11-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #959
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
The Moon is Up?
That's NSW.

Headache is Clancy something or other.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #960
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I did the special ops for the first time yesterday. so cool! The only vehicle level was the AC130. I'll have to give the helicopter a go as well. It really is like nothing else I've played though. I hear theyre coming out with DLC for spec ops very soon too.

Oh, and mikal, you should definitely check out Batman Arkham Asylum too. It was tons of fun
i saw the review for Batman. how's the storyline. is the whole game just in that building or does Batman get to roam around Gotham too?

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox 360