General Video Game Discussion - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #826
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 11:02 AM
I need to finish the storyline first, or at least get a little bit further before I'm ready for online play.

I plan on using the morning to my advantage, so there's that.
__________________

__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #827
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 10:02 AM
So I'm playing Dead Space, and it's really friggin good.
__________________

__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #828
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 10:02 AM
on what console?
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is online now  
Old 10-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #829
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 10:02 AM
3 mother fucking 60, yo.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #830
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 10:02 AM
lol - I can't remember, do you have a PS3 now as well?
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is online now  
Old 10-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #831
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 10:02 AM
I will for Christmas. I'm hoping there's a Sly 4, and there's a new ICO game coming, so I figured it was for the best, you know?
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #832
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
I need to finish the storyline first, or at least get a little bit further before I'm ready for online play.

I plan on using the morning to my advantage, so there's that.
Let me know when you're ready. Some of the coop uses physical levels from the game, but changes up the story/objectives of the online coop, so it plays out completely different. The other coop is variations of horde/firefight type modes, where you have a multiplayer map and fight off waves of AI enemies. There's one type of the horde mode where you pick up a treasure and try to take it to a certain spot on the map as the waves of AI enemies attack you, it's pretty sweet. I've only played a match or two of the normal versus type, and it seemed fairly enjoyable as well. FYI:

Uncharted 2 DLC En Route News | Video Game Event News, Latest Trailers | GameTrailers.com


Dead Space was pretty sweet, Beav. I liked it quite a bit. Actually, one of the very, very few Wii games I have some interest in is the light gun Dead Space game that recently came out.

Everyone needs to get Uncharted 2 for Christmas, so we can all play something together on PS3 finally.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #833
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 818
Local Time: 10:02 AM
I just bought Tropico 3, not my kind of game but the demo was soo good I had to get the whole thing.
__________________
HyperU2 is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #834
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,043
Local Time: 09:02 AM
Scumby, will you be picking up Modern Warfare 2 as soon as you can? I'd like to slice and dice your ass again.
__________________
Imperor is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #835
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Scumby, will you be picking up Modern Warfare 2 as soon as you can? I'd like to slice and dice your ass again.

Yeah, I may even pick it up at midnight on the 10th. We actually used to do extremely well when we were on the same team, hopefully that doesn't change with this one. That coop Spec Ops mode sounds like it'll be fun too.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 03:54 AM   #836
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 09:02 AM
On the whole I loathe what video games have done to our modern American society, but the new Super Mario Bros. Wii game looks sexy as hell.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #837
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 818
Local Time: 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
On the whole I loathe what video games have done to our modern American society, but the new Super Mario Bros. Wii game looks sexy as hell.
Are you referring to violence?
__________________
HyperU2 is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #838
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,043
Local Time: 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Yeah, I may even pick it up at midnight on the 10th. We actually used to do extremely well when we were on the same team, hopefully that doesn't change with this one. That coop Spec Ops mode sounds like it'll be fun too.
Hmm, that could be a possibility for me too, then. Didn't even think of that. Plus I'll probably put NCAA 10 toward it since I rarely play it. I've got a research paper due that Thursday, but if I knock it out before the release, it's smooth sailing until finals.

And yeah, we did do pretty well on the same team on WaW. Doubt it'd be any different this time around.

I also still need to upgrade to NHL 10.
__________________
Imperor is offline  
Old 10-30-2009, 09:57 AM   #839
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 10:02 AM
I had heard NHL 10 was not that big of an upgrade from 09, plus I'm a cheap bastard so that isn’t happening anytime soon...

Uncharted 2 should be in my possession hopefully within the next week or so.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is online now  
Old 10-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #840
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Let me know when you're ready. Some of the coop uses physical levels from the game, but changes up the story/objectives of the online coop, so it plays out completely different. The other coop is variations of horde/firefight type modes, where you have a multiplayer map and fight off waves of AI enemies. There's one type of the horde mode where you pick up a treasure and try to take it to a certain spot on the map as the waves of AI enemies attack you, it's pretty sweet. I've only played a match or two of the normal versus type, and it seemed fairly enjoyable as well. FYI:

Uncharted 2 DLC En Route News | Video Game Event News, Latest Trailers | GameTrailers.com
That sounds cool, but for some reason it takes forever to sign in or it doesn't work at all! Last night I spent a good 45 minutes trying to sign in. I'm hoping it was just a PSN issue. I did manage to play a team deathmatch game or two last week, so my rank doesn't look so newbish.

This weekend is gonna be pretty hectic for me. Next week looks pretty open right now, so maybe then!

Edit: I guess I should add that I finished the game last night on normal. I'm debating whether or not to pick the highest difficulty and start anew. I probably wont. :lazy:
__________________

__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox 360

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com