General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's NSW.

Headache is Clancy something or other.

Oh, thats right. So, if I join a game Headache is in, will it be full of noobs for me to shoot then, since he'll be matched up with newer players? That should be good for some quality kill streaks

i saw the review for Batman. how's the storyline. is the whole game just in that building or does Batman get to roam around Gotham too?

The story is good. Not quite on par with Bioshock, but Its really dark and twisted, which I enjoy. You dont get to roam around Gotham, but Arkham Island is really big. There are a lot of unique indoor locations as well as outdoor ones. Its the only game that, after I had beaten it, I'd gone back and tried to search for all the hidden objects and secrets. Its that much fun to play. I dont know about Xbox exclusives, but as far as cross platform games go and seeing as how you dont do multiplayer, I'd recommend Bioshock and Batman. You wont be disappointed with either

Oh, thats right. So, if I join a game Headache is in, will it be full of noobs for me to shoot then, since he'll be matched up with newer players? That should be good for some quality kill streaks

The story is good. Not quite on par with Bioshock, but Its really dark and twisted, which I enjoy. You dont get to roam around Gotham, but Arkham Island is really big. There are a lot of unique indoor locations as well as outdoor ones. Its the only game that, after I had beaten it, I'd gone back and tried to search for all the hidden objects and secrets. Its that much fun to play. I dont know about Xbox exclusives, but as far as cross platform games go and seeing as how you dont do multiplayer, I'd recommend Bioshock and Batman. You wont be disappointed with either

cool. thank you!

Imperor never plays at the same time as I do.

This is true. I joined a party you were in a few nights ago but there were like five of yall with mics on, so rather than douche it up like NSW would, I figured I'd let it go. We'll get something going pretty soon. I feel like I'm finally figuring it out. Got my first thirty kill match two days ago. Still, I think I prefer COD4 to this point, but maybe that's just because I was better at it.

I'm taking my hard drive with me when I visit my parents for the holiday, so I'll be able to get some games in if you're playing during your off time.

Still, I think I prefer COD4 to this point, but maybe that's just because I was better at it.

I was just saying the same thing today. I think it takes a while to get to know the maps and predict what people will be doing. I used to get some sweet kills on COD4. I find there are less places to hide and be stealthy in the new one though. I had the best spot for search and destroy on the overgrown map. It just seems there are fewer ways to outsmart people in MW2. Its a little more run and gun, as the kids say. But its still a ton of fun. Just gotta figure it out a little better. I also find that the killstreaks are keeping me in Deathmatches, whereas with COD4, I only ever play search and destroy

I I had the best spot for search and destroy on the overgrown map.
Where? :shifty:

I love it when people expose their tricks. I saw this guy in Overgrown climb on the box to the wall, then over the wood roof of the bridge, along the fence and to the roof of the little house in the back for sniping purposes.
I keep trying to do it but I always manage to fall off the fence.

I recently got the map pack because it was on sale for $5. That was my compromise for not getting MW2.

I shall tell you.

Its best to have UAV blocker, silencer and 3 frag grenades. Right infront of B, opposite the house, there are three trees. Go prone between them and then crawl around to make sure the upstairs window of the house is obscured by a 4th tall tree infront of it (that way they cant see you when they look out). So in between the three trees, you'll be situated in the middle, looking toward the house, almost against the front most tree and a little to the right of it. You'll have a good view of where they plant the bomb, even though it will be obscured a little through the tall grass. When someone comes to plant the bomb, dont shoot at them. If you shoot, others will see where the bullets are coming from. Just cook a grenade and throw it. keep doing this until you're out of grenades, then you'll have to start shooting. Nobody ever finds me there. Its so close to the bomb, that its almost too obvious. You can hide there after you plant the bomb too, just plant it on the side that will be facing you. easy kills. people run right by me all the time and dont even notice me lying there (sometimes even right over top of me). Just stay patient too. after you kill the first person, you'll see everyone running around trying to find where you are. just wait until they go for the bomb again. works every time. This is a Jive Turkey exclusive location, so keep it to yourself :p
The best time it worked, I was the last alive and the other team had the UAV on. They assumed we were all dead and 5 of them huddled around the bomb, spinning around and such and I got 5 kills with one grenade. It was sweet to watch them scatter, but not quick enough.

I have clearly played COD4 far too much :(

I love it when people expose their tricks. I saw this guy in Overgrown climb on the box to the wall, then over the wood roof of the bridge, along the fence and to the roof of the little house in the back for sniping purposes.
I keep trying to do it but I always manage to fall off the fence.

if you follow the same roof of the wooden bridge, you can jump to a tiny ledge of the house at the end, on the right and shoot people from the outside of the upstairs window if they're camped in there

Also, it seems that in MW2, there are some invisible walls to keep people from discovering their own new spots. Kind of a bummer

So my friend just offered me a 120 gig xbox hard drive (for my 60 gig one) if I buy MW2. This world won't let me not own MW2

So I was playing MW2 Deathmatch last night on the Rust map.... 32 killstreak 0 deaths :ohmy:

So I was playing MW2 Deathmatch last night on the Rust map.... 32 killstreak 0 deaths :ohmy:

i've only played Rust once. I don't like it. I've sucked for awhile but now I'm getting to be pretty good. up to a level 43 on live.

terminal and wasteland ftw.

I hated rust too. Its a lot like the shipping container map in COD4; Its a whole lot of running around and dying 100 times. I prefer the more tactical maps. That being said, if you can get up the ladder to the top of the...whatever it is...in rust, you can get a lot of kills. I also love wasteland and terminal :up:

I hated rust too. Its a lot like the shipping container map in COD4; Its a whole lot of running around and dying 100 times. I prefer the more tactical maps. That being said, if you can get up the ladder to the top of the...whatever it is...in rust, you can get a lot of kills. I also love wasteland and terminal :up:

yeah agreed. I hate the spawn, run somewhere in 10 seconds and immediately shot at from five angles. Bigger maps ftw. Derail and Afghan are also great. I'm becoming one of those cheap SOB's that uses the thermal scope, but smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Honestly, if you're not going to play online, it might be worth it to wait it out a little bit

oh yeah. there's one by me that already said the price would be $38.99 when someone trades it in.

for playing online, do you have to know people, or can you just join in a game? sorry, i've never really done the online gaming thing.

You can just join in except for Special-Ops. but people will randomly add you to their friends list, so you can always play Special Ops with them. For the majority of the multiplayer you dont need to know anyone. I was new to the whole online thing last year too. Its so much fun though, you should totally do it

yeah, i pay it just for the roster updates and patches for Madden, but maybe i'll start getting into it.

playing online with Madden is fun too. That's basically the only use I have for it. i played the superstar mode at first but once your player to be so good after awhile it gets repetitive. its definitely more fun for me to play whatever game on live.

Mikal, if you do wind up getting MW2, you can run with me and/or Scumbo on Live. So that's a selling point.

I will now have access to Live over my winter break, though I do not own MW2. I'll have to use my 14-year old brother's account, but I might be down for some playing with the Interland crew if we manage to acquire MW2.

And I haven't even spent a dime.

awcjg5.jpg

Yeah, I can live with that.

That a boy. I just unlocked the Tactical Nuke killstreak because if I ever do that shit again, everyone is getting vapourized

Just felt like bragging. It's easily my best game so far.

The odds of my ever getting a nuke are pretty bad. The 37-2 was due in part to a quality couple of airdrops and a nice emergency airdrop. Stuff you get from airdrops doesn't count to your streak. So if I plan on getting to 24 (I use Hardline), the other two streaks will probably have to be Chopper Gunner and something else. Recommendations welcome.

Right now, I'm rolling with Airdrop, Predator, and Emergency Airdrop. Pretty solid setup, I've noticed. My class right now (which I'm quite fond of) is M16A1 with holographic, PP2000 with holographic, Semtex, stun grenades, Scavenger Pro, Hardline Pro, Scrambler Pro, and a Final Stand deathstreak. So far, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom