General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, anyone else feel that the sound mix in MW2 is kind of awful? The music is too loud and I can hardly hear what the characters are saying. If it wasnt for subtitles, I'd have no clue the majority of the time

Hey, anyone else feel that the sound mix in MW2 is kind of awful? The music is too loud and I can hardly hear what the characters are saying. If it wasnt for subtitles, I'd have no clue the majority of the time

YES. Voices are far too quiet, and there's no bar to adjust them. I messed with my sound the entire time I played through the campaign to try to catch what was being said.

They didn't give the guns much oomph either.

That all aside, it still sounds pretty sweet in multiplayer when it's all thrown together.

It took me over a year to beat the first one. Not because it was hard, but because it was boring a shit and I couldnt be bothered. I might have to skip the new one. I've heard theyve made some changed to make it less shitty, but I'll wait it out and see what other people say first. I still need to get my hands on Uncharted 2

Those games are absolutely nothing like Metal Gear, not even remotely similar. I'll probably ask for AC2 for Christmas. The first one was fun, but frustrating at the same time. Sounds like they fixed all the things that made it frustrating and boring in the last one.

I picked up Left For Dead 2 yesterday, only played it for about 5 minutes. Waiting until friends get it to play more.

Those games are absolutely nothing like Metal Gear, not even remotely similar.

Imeant in so far as I will I spending a lot of time waiting for some guy walk by and turn a corner so I can go the other way to hide under a box and then wait for the second guy to walk by so I can then go past him and then pick a lock to hack a computer blah blah blah blah blah - OH LOOK A STICKY GUN SO I CAN WATCH GUYS WALK BY UPSIDE DOWN!!! ugh. I don't have the patience for that shit. The last Splinter Cell game, I didn't even get into the building at the start of the training mission before I took that shit out of the XBOX. And I really was interested in why Sam Fisher lost his shit too.

They're not like that at all. These games are all about climbing and jumping over things. You can do things stealthily, but you don't have to. There are some moments where you'll have to tail some guy or sneak up on him, but those moments are usually brief. They're more like Grand Theft Auto type games than anything, as you can go anywhere and do anything you want any way you want for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the game for me was all the free running thing where you can climb up any building and rump across rooftops, etc. There really isn't another game like it for that. My second favorite thing was the combat and assassinating, it's unique and fun.

Yeah, I like the Splinter Cell games, but they can be really frustrating too. I didn't find the first Assassin's Creed to be anything like that. What was frustrating about the first AC game was how repetitive it became. It was a long game, which is usually a good thing, but the general game play was exactly the same the whole way through, so you found yourself getting ticked off when you'd get a new mission because you'd done something similar 6 times before already. This new one is supposedly much more diverse and interesting according to the reviews, I'm looking forward to playing it.

Did I mention that I played the God of War 3 demo? I preordered that God of War Collection 2 pack thing for PS3 (it was really cheap), and they gave me the demo. It was a huge amount of fun, I'm actually looking forward to playing through the first two now.

I don't know when I'm going to find time for all these games. I seem to have slowed on my music buying because I always felt overwhelmed, and I seem to have just transferred it over to games. I have a big stack of things I need to finish or just want to play more. :huh:

I picked up Left For Dead 2 yesterday, only played it for about 5 minutes. Waiting until friends get it to play more.

Where those five minutes as good as the demo leads me to believe? :wink:

Getting L4d2 for christmas, can't wait I'm still hooked on the first one still need four more achievements for it, so might try for completion before I get the sequel

Where those five minutes as good as the demo leads me to believe? :wink:

Getting L4d2 for christmas, can't wait I'm still hooked on the first one still need four more achievements for it, so might try for completion before I get the sequel

The little time I spent was on survival mode. It was on a day time map, so that was kinda cool. I liked the new weapons and new infected types, it made getting slaughtered repeatedly still entertaining. Watching the Jockeys riding around on one of your teammates shoulders was hilarious every time I saw it. Also, coming around a corner and getting rushed and then destroyed by a Charger was awesome as well. The improvements to the game are subtle, but it seems like it'll really make the experience all that much more enjoyable for those of us who were big fans of the first one.

The little time I spent was on survival mode. It was on a day time map, so that was kinda cool. I liked the new weapons and new infected types, it made getting slaughtered repeatedly still entertaining. Watching the Jockeys riding around on one of your teammates shoulders was hilarious every time I saw it. Also, coming around a corner and getting rushed and then destroyed by a Charger was awesome as well. The improvements to the game are subtle, but it seems like it'll really make the experience all that much more enjoyable for those of us who were big fans of the first one.

I've played the campaign in the demo and had so much fun with the new weapons I usually play on expert but I lowered it to normal and decide to just enjoy running around killing zombies with a guitar.

I'm curious as to how versus is now, the new infected types should really give that a good shake up. I haven't played that game mood since Glitch Course ruined it for me

Did I mention that I played the God of War 3 demo? I preordered that God of War Collection 2 pack thing for PS3 (it was really cheap), and they gave me the demo. It was a huge amount of fun, I'm actually looking forward to playing through the first two now.

Man, I'm jealous. Hope you enjoy the first two. They're like my favourite games on the PS2.

So, uh, should I get MW2? Haven't played the series before, but I haven't bought a game in months.

If you enjoy being a sheep, buy it

Most overhyped game of all time

Are you kidding me? Sure theres a massive amount of hype, but the game is fucking awesome. If you're only planning on doing single player, then I can sort of see giving it a pass because the campaign mode is short, but if you like multiplayer, they dont get much better than this game. I've literally been playing COD4 multiplayer on a regular basis for well over a year and I expect to do the same with the new one. So much replay value.

Are you kidding me? Sure theres a massive amount of hype, but the game is fucking awesome. If you're only planning on doing single player, then I can sort of see giving it a pass because the campaign mode is short, but if you like multiplayer, they dont get much better than this game. I've literally been playing COD4 multiplayer on a regular basis for well over a year and I expect to do the same with the new one. So much replay value.

The only thing special about the multiplayer is that a lot of people are playing it, honestly there's nothing about it that's that great. I've never been a huge COD fan anyway, my friend has been trying to force this game on me since it came out; it's good but it's nothing I'm gonna rush out and buy. It's GTA4 all over again, over the top hype with a game that just fails to deliver on it; this game doesn't even come close to deserving to be the fastest selling game of all time

The only thing special about the multiplayer is that a lot of people are playing it, honestly there's nothing about it that's that great. I've never been a huge COD fan anyway, my friend has been trying to force this game on me since it came out; it's good but it's nothing I'm gonna rush out and buy. It's GTA4 all over again, over the top hype with a game that just fails to deliver on it; this game doesn't even come close to deserving to be the fastest selling game of all time

Well I mean, if you dont like COD in the first place, then theres nothing thats going to make you like this one. But thats like saying "Hoegaarden is gross, dont buy it......oh, i dont like the taste of beer though". If you like multiplayer shooters, this game is amazing and 10x better than the last one. Whats not to like about remotely controlling the guns of an AC130 and bombing the shit out of other players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom