General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not a real Fallout 3 fan, Elfa. :tsk:

Apparently the PS3 wasn't far behind the 360 last month with the price drop. It'll be interesting to see if it levels out, or if sales continue to increase over the holidays. The Uncharted 2 beta is still awesome. I think they open it to the public next week, so we'll have to try to play some coop or something.

JT, I finally put some decent time into Batman this weekend. It gets really addicting once you get into it. In regards to the Batman DLC, I didn't just mean the Joker stuff, but there was actually a couple new challenge maps released for free on both systems last week. Can't remember what it was called, Insane Night or something like that, you should be able to find it on the PSN Store pretty easily.

ODST comes out at midnight, and I and a few other friends just happen to have tomorrow off. It's going to be a long (but fun) night...

JT, I finally put some decent time into Batman this weekend. It gets really addicting once you get into it. In regards to the Batman DLC, I didn't just mean the Joker stuff, but there was actually a couple new challenge maps released for free on both systems last week. Can't remember what it was called, Insane Night or something like that, you should be able to find it on the PSN Store pretty easily.

Awesome, I did find them. Very cool of them to give it out for free. As for the joker challenges, they're friggin hard :crack: I cant take advantage of hiding on gargoyles and what not. Plus his xray specs dont stay on while you run around.
The story mode is addicting. Scarecrow levels :drool:

SOOO I made Evil Bono for Fight Night 4..y'all can go on Xbox live & downlad him for free!!!
What do you all think??
EvilBono.jpg

Sheesh, you think they would have had all that cleared up by now. You could wait for the game of the year edition I guess, it's supposed to have all the DLC on it.

ODST was/is incredibly fun, by the way. Great game. :up:

I'm not sure I can wait that long and the idea of buying the game over again kind of bugs me as well, Bethesda is notorious for not really supporting the PS3 version very well :down:

My experience has been relatively good - there has been some lagging, several temporary freezes mostly in VATS, a couple of hilarious flying scorpions and levitating Deathclaws and maybe 5 full on crashes - mostly caused by Deathclaws, my PS3 does not like them for some reason.

I have heard a range of other experiences on the Fallout forum from no problems what so ever to not being able to play at all, it's very odd to say the least.

PS3 hombres, I think the Uncharted 2 demo is now up for everyone. Please download it and lets play some coop matches!

Top 10 favorite video games of all time...GO!

1. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
2. Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
3. Tetris
4. Goldeneye 007
5. Super Mario World
6. Star Fox 64
7. Mega Man X
8. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
9. Street Fighter II: Turbo
10. Mario Kart Wii

Top 10 favorite video games of all time...GO!

1. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
2. Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
3. Tetris
4. Goldeneye 007
5. Super Mario World
6. Star Fox 64
7. Mega Man X
8. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
9. Street Fighter II: Turbo
10. Mario Kart Wii

These are my 10 favourites off the top of my head, I hate numbering...

Fallout 3 (PS3)
Silent Hill (PS1)
Final Fantasy 3 (SNES)
Resident Evil Code Veronica (PS2)
Super Mario Brothers (NES)
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Chrono Cross (PS1)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
The Legend Of Zelda: Windwaker (GC)

My top ten, without PS3 games cause I don't have that many and haven't had them for that long, so they would all be "favorites" at this point:

1. Super Mario World (SNES) - Nothing beats it.
2. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - Yes yes yes. I need this ROM stat.
3. Contra (NES) - up up down down left right left right b, a, START
4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - Unrivaled in terms of soundtrack and city, naturally. :wink:
5. Spyro the Dragon (PS) - I don't know if I liked Year of the Dragon (3) better than the original, though. I'll stick with the original for now.
6. Call of Duty: Finest Hour (PS2)- My first war game. It absolutely blew me away and I ended up buying all other WW2 war games and have never looked back!
7. Kingdom Hearts (PS2) - The only RPG I've ever played and I really liked it, despite all the anime crap. I think the Simba summon won me over. ;)
8. Dr. Mario (NES) - We never had Tetris
9. SSX Tricky (PS2) - Oh how I miss this game.
10. The Lion King (SNES) - Ffffffffffyeah!

:lol: That was the only reason I started playing it!
I don't know what the norm is for RPG, but I really enjoyed it. I never had to "level up" before. KH2 was a bit too much anime for my liking though.

Edit: I have to take that back because I think we did have the first or second Final Fantasy on NES, but I obviously didn't play it too much.

Edit edit: Upon investigation, we had FF2.

Friggin' Sony and Nintendo fanboys. :tsk:

Any of you RPG Sony fannies going to get Demon's Souls?

And girls. :wink:

If I was to make a list, it would show my age.

Tiger Edge, I'm surprised to see you prefer Tricky to SSX3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom