General Video Game Discussion - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #256
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:58 PM
RE 5 is complete, not a bad game...

The story was decent enough, if anything it made me want to replay the previous games, I think I'll dig out the Game Cube

Old 07-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #257
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 09:58 PM
Yeah, I liked RE5 quite a bit. Sure, 4 is still a "classic", but 5 was a pretty solid sequel. Did having to fight Wesker 76 times at the end annoy you as much as it did me? I was cursing Capcom and all Japanese developers' names by the 73rd time, personally.

It's actually kinda cool to play through again, as you can use your upgraded weapons, and buy and upgrade even more items.

I purchased the Battlefield 1943 downloadable game last week. Only $15 for 24 player multiplayer, and it looks nearly as good as a full priced title. Pretty killer price, a lot of fun too. If you're looking for something new multiplayer wise to get you through the summer, I highly recommend it.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

Someone go out and buy the new Harry Potter video game for the Wii and tell me if it's good or not. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #259
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Yeah, I liked RE5 quite a bit. Sure, 4 is still a "classic", but 5 was a pretty solid sequel. Did having to fight Wesker 76 times at the end annoy you as much as it did me? I was cursing Capcom and all Japanese developers' names by the 73rd time, personally.
yeah, most of the boss battles were ridiculously irritating...

The stupid Wesker/Jill fight - first you basically have to run away from Wesker for 7 minutes, then you spend another 15 trying to rip that stupid implant of Jill

That giant thing that Excella turns into - trying to target it with that satellite gun was incredibly irritating because it wouldn't sit still

And yeah, Wesker was freaking annoying - the first part on the ship with the rocket launcher was fucking stupid, mostly because I’m convinced my "partner" is borderline retarded

I also finally picked up both Silent Hill 4 and Silent Hill Origins for the PS2, looking forward to both of them. I just have to get SH Homecomming for the PS3 now. As soon as it drops another $10 it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine...
Old 07-14-2009, 12:11 PM   #260
Blue Meth Addict

Haha. I'm glad I played it coop the first time through with Audiophile, as it really helped figure out how you were supposed to fight those bosses with 2 people. Made playing through it a second time by myself easier, but some of the bosses were still tough. I still liked most of them design wise though, some cool ideas.

Even though I've never played a Silent Hill game, I wouldn't mind playing Homecoming either. You really need to get Dead Space when it gets cheap as well, I think you'll really enjoy it.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #261
Blue Crack Supplier

design wise, the game was awesome - some of the best lighting effects and graphics I have seen yet

I did try Dead Space for a bit the other day but I found the targeting to be a pain in the ass so I will probably have to give it another try.

It's a shame you don't have a PS2, the earlier SH games are much better than the newest one from what I've heard. I'm more getting it because I'm a completionist when it comes to series I like.

I know SH2 and 4 (I think ) were on the Xbox, is the 360 backwards compatible?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #262
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post

I did try Dead Space for a bit the other day but I found the targeting to be a pain in the ass so I will probably have to give it another try.
If you were just playing the first part, it's just that the first weapon is weak and small. You get much better stuff later on. I don't remember it being all that tough to aim though though, pretty standard shooter wise. You just have to realize that you have to shoot limbs, not heads/body. Were you drunk on vegetarian alcohol again?! I think you'd like it if you stick with it, I thought the general action was probably even more enjoyable and easier to shoot/aim than RE5. I'd dare say it was one of my favorite games from last year, cool new franchise.

360 is backwards compatible, but it depends on the game. Some they didn't get the rights to allow to play it on the 360 hardware. Something like that.

Did the first Condemned ever come out on PS3? I know the sequel did, but I never even made it through the sequel unfortunately. The first Condemned is probably the scariest game I've ever played, I remember continually turning around while playing it to make sure there was no one behind me. Made me super paranoid.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #263
Blue Crack Supplier

uh, yeah, you might not like SH then, I was watching the trailer for The Room yesterday to get geard up and even I'm a little nervous about this one, it's all good for the first 30 seconds and then BAM!

YouTube - Silent Hill 4 intro
Old 07-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #264
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:58 PM
Quote:
I was watching the trailer for The Room yesterday
Old 07-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #265
Blue Crack Supplier

lol, it's almost as disturbing, yes
Old 07-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #266
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I purchased the Battlefield 1943 downloadable game last week. Only $15 for 24 player multiplayer, and it looks nearly as good as a full priced title. Pretty killer price, a lot of fun too. If you're looking for something new multiplayer wise to get you through the summer, I highly recommend it.
Are you on PS3? I just got 1943 the day it came out and have been playing the hell out of it; it's fantastic. Add me to your friends list.... mikethehockeyfan
Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #267
Blue Crack Supplier

Scumbo plays for the other team unfortunately
Old 07-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #268
Blue Meth Addict

The winning team.

I notice NSW just happens to come back right in time for a huge new Gears of War 2 update and DLC. You know he planned that.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #269
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
lol, it's almost as disturbing, yes
We are EXPECTING!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #270
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Wait, did they rename VORSPRUNG VON DURCH TECHNIX!!! To restart and reboot yourself? WTF?

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox 360