General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because Gear's online code/hit detection for actual "vs multiplayer" is too weird for me (and I'm not the only one, as there are countless threads on every video game forum on earth complaining about it). You shoot at someone, it doesn't hit them. You have to "lead" them, as if you're shooting a shotgun at a far off goose. Each and every other multiplayer online game I have works perfectly. You shoot right at someone, it hits them. It often even makes me the host on a lot of the other games I have, and these are 16 player games, so my connection is not a problem. I just don't want to play a game that doesn't work in a way that makes sense, I'd rather go play something I find enjoyable.

You made that all up.

Something is wrong me. My inability to really enjoy Fallout 3 disturbs me, doubly so when you factor in how much I LOVED Oblivion.

I think one day you'll put it in and it'll click. It definitely took me a little while before I was completely in love with the game. Especially depending on what quests you decide to do early on, some are sorta boring and last for ever (survival guide quest for example). I think one day you'll be in the mood for it and won't stop playing for weeks.

You should start up the main quest the next time you give it a shot, if you haven't already.

I enjoyed it quite a bit from the start but I didn't really start loving the game completely until I went to downtown DC and just started exploring the subway tunnels and killing Super Mutants.

But yeah, a lot of the roaming out in the wilderness reminded me so much of The Road :heart:

I enjoyed it quite a bit from the start but I didn't really start loving the game completely until I went to downtown DC and just started exploring the subway tunnels and killing Super Mutants.

But yeah, a lot of the roaming out in the wilderness reminded me so much of The Road :heart:

Agreed, downtown is where the game started feeling awesome. That first main quest mission really won me over.

See you on PS3 tonight, NSW? If so, I'll grab a headset on the way home.

Agreed, downtown is where the game started feeling awesome. That first main quest mission really won me over.

See you on PS3 tonight, NSW? If so, I'll grab a headset on the way home.

I'm gonna watch the Yanks, that'll end around 9/9:30...so, depending on how long it takes to set it up and all, maybe. If not tonight, tomorrow. Also, the console is here but Killzone is not, so, until I get that we're sort of at an impasse. There's always Gears, though, and the unfinished Horde stuff.

I expored some subway stuff when I killed that cannibal and his wife.

The Road :drool:

My internet is working again after nearly a week and a half! What did they used to do in the olden days before they had internet for entertainment? I vaguely remember watching tv when i was a teenager.
U2popmofo, you should remap the buttons for Killzone. It'll make it much more intuitive. I'll check what the name of the button set up I use is. And ya, grenades suck in it :( Its one of my biggest complaints. Its not as easy to make a sweet throw through a window to blow someone up like it is in COD4. I think its because they arent using the physics engine, its just an animation.

anyway, lets all shoot each other!

U2popmofo, you should remap the buttons for Killzone. It'll make it much more intuitive. I'll check what the name of the button set up I use is. And ya, grenades suck in it :( Its one of my biggest complaints. Its not as easy to make a sweet throw through a window to blow someone up like it is in COD4. I think its because they arent using the physics engine, its just an animation.

anyway, lets all shoot each other!

Do you aim with the actual sights much, or shoot from the hip more? I noticed you REALLY have to use controlled bursts in the game to stay on target, like 2 or 3 rounds max. It's realistic, which I like, but since there doesn't seem to be an aim assist in the game, sometimes I feel like I can't hit anything. Glad I'm not the only one who feels like the grenade throwing is funky.

Ok, PS3 is plugged into the outlet and HDMI'd to my TV. I thought my controller was wireless but I guess it's not? But, even when I plugged it into the console, nada. I hope I don't have to actually read instructions for that or for hooking up to my wireless connection. Eh, will do it later, after the Yankee game.

Ok, PS3 is plugged into the outlet and HDMI'd to my TV. I thought my controller was wireless but I guess it's not? But, even when I plugged it into the console, nada. I hope I don't have to actually read instructions for that or for hooking up to my wireless connection. Eh, will do it later, after the Yankee game.

It needs to charge from that USB cable thing before you can use it wirelessly. I don't like how the controllers come dead like that, sorta makes turning on the system when you get it anti-climactic. Once I plugged mine into the USB port, at least it let me use it while it was plugged in. Shouldn't take long to charge, just turn your PS3 on and leave the controller plugged in for a little bit while watching the game. Take a look at the top of the controller, it should have a little red light showing it's charging / working.

Do you aim with the actual sights much, or shoot from the hip more? I noticed you REALLY have to use controlled bursts in the game to stay on target, like 2 or 3 rounds max. It's realistic, which I like, but since there doesn't seem to be an aim assist in the game, sometimes I feel like I can't hit anything. Glad I'm not the only one who feels like the grenade throwing is funky.

I always shoot from the hip when I'm playing multiplayer, which took a little getting used to. I'm pretty sure it tells you to do that on one of the loading screens while you're waiting for the matches to start up. If you're going to aim, its best to do it with someone who isnt moving much. If you line up a head shot, its an instant kill. Its pretty sweet to hear the little chime when you pick someone off from halfway across the map
I just checked the button set up. Use Alternate 2. I think its pretty much the same as call of duty. I also turn off aim lock. if you play around with the x and y sensitivity, it can help a bit too. I think my top slider is right in the middle and the bottom slider is two clicks to the right from middle. It helps to turn around a little faster

you can use the sticks for the menus. it might sound silly, but you pressed the ps3 logo button on the controller, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom