Folder Disappeared When Dropped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
Hello. I was moving some folders on my PC desktop and I accidentally dropped one of them before reaching the location I intended. It just disappeared. I thought I would easily find it either still on the desktop, or maybe it landed in another folder by accident, but I couldn't find it anywhere. When I search for the folder on my computer, it comes up, but it now says it is an empty folder. It also brings up all the items that were in the folder: I can see all the thumbnails, but if I try to open any of them, I get an error that the file can not be located, and has been moved somewhere like an external location or something. I checked the deleted folder and they aren't there. Anybody know what happened, or if I can recover them? :(

Thanks!

Oh hang on! I ran another search and this time remembered to include non-indexed, hidden, and system files. And it came up. It also brought up the empty one too, so I really don't know what happened, but it's solved so thanks anyway! :D

Edit: Just in case anyone cares :wink: It looks the folder did drop into some other random folder which was actually in another folder, so I didn't see it when looking in all the obvious places. I guess the shortcuts which came up for me on the first search were no longer valid since the file was moved, they were invalid pathways to the file? I don't know why the actual file in the new location doesn't show up in a standard search, seems it should.

Back
Top Bottom