Firefox question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrush

War Child
ok, I dont know how I did this, but Ive accidently done it beforeand forgot how to fix it......

When trying to open firefox this window pops up and asks me to select a user name. Now this is not for windows (bc that is simply one chocie : Administrator) but two choices. When I picked the wrong one it all my bookmarked pages are gone and stuff like that. I can't get back to that page. I right clicked Firefox and clicked run as and it seemed to be on the right track (the pick of the profile of a guys face with the drop down options there to choose another person....only it says administrator......grrrrrr).

Someone help!!!!!!!

Mine does this to me sometimes. I load FireFox and it wants me to select a profile. Whenever this happens, it's b/c my previous FF window froze or something weird happened. I go to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, find firefox.exe and end the process. Then I click on the FF icon again and it loads normally.

hmmmmm. I know this is gonna sound very stupid, but how do I get to that, lol. If you haven't guessed I never get to use the :nerd: smiley. Unless we are talking math then I will be sure to :nerd: it up.

I appreciate the help, but am havin trouble getting to what you are telling me to do...........lil help

:bump:

I know I need help a lot :|

I can't get Firefox to open at all it says cannot connect.

I can get online with msn and ie but firefox won't come up. When I rebooted yesterday it installed an update and since I can't use it at all.

Did you do what Liv suggested?:hmm: go to the task manager (press control ALT Delete) and see if FF is running but frozen...mine does this too me all.the.time:crack:

or are you getting the white screen:|? I hate the white screen:madspit:

I did try that.

According to the firefox email list other people are having this problem since the last update.

It may have to do with my firewall but I've tried listing mozilla as a trusted site, I've lowered all of my security settings and it hasn't helped.

I wonder if I can remove the last firefox update? Not sure how or if it would further f*ck things up.

I have Norton by the way and their site has been no help whatsoever.

I miss firefox :(

My Norton has gone Some critical error that it won't let me in to fix. :scream:

I'm thinking this has more to do with the virus update that ran shortly after I updated firefox.

It's offically a mess and I think I need someone else to look at it now. I've deleted and downloaded so many things I don't know what's going on.

It's fixed :hyper:

After Norton was uninstalled Firefox worked.

Once Norton was reinstalled Firefox still worked. So it must have been a bug in Norton :slant:

I dunno but I'm happy to have Firefox back :love:

here's a random firefox question:

Is there any way to cut and paste in yahoo mail? In firefox I can't cut and paste anything in my emails. it's a small thing but it's annoying.

WildHoneyAlways said:
here's a random firefox question:

Is there any way to cut and paste in yahoo mail? In firefox I can't cut and paste anything in my emails. it's a small thing but it's annoying.

:scratch:

You can just use Control+C (to copy text) and Control+V (to insert text) as usual. I just checked it :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom